Talk

Advanced search

Yet another one in need of a bra intervention!!

(5 Posts)
tastingthestars Sat 13-Dec-14 12:59:29

Popped into JL last night after work and ended up in the lingerie section. Unsurprisingly for a Friday night it was quiet, so took the chance to have myself fitted.

I know I'm wearing the wrong size (32C - almost all my bras are M&S) but the lady fitted me as a 32D which just didn't seem to fit right either.

So thought I'd ask on here....

Measurements are 29.5 and 33.5 (I think I pulled the tape tight enough!).

I'm guessing I may be inbetween sizes - and one boob is larger than the other (which I know is common but it's a fairly obvious difference to me anyway!).

Anyone able to tell me what size that is please?

And perhaps recommend some styles? I'm in the north east of Scotland, so somewhat limited to M&S, Debs and JL and keen to get at least one new bra before I travel abroad next weekend for Xmas (so I'll leave online shopping till the new year)

Thanks in advance for any help!!

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Dec-14 13:17:04

The fitting service at JL, whilst better than most on the high street, can be patchy!

What was the 32D like? Too small in the cup? If so, then try a 30E and a 28F. What sort of shape are you? Top/bottom heavy? Are your boobs wide set or close together?

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Sat 13-Dec-14 13:20:44

I need to know my size too. Im going to treat myself after christmas. How do we work it out? Obviously I need to measure myself which I can do later on.

tastingthestars Sat 13-Dec-14 13:27:06

It did feel a bit small in the cup. Admittedly I also probably needed to spend some time scooping, but the cup just didn't lie like I would expect it too - especially when I put my (relatively thick) Jersey dress over the top.

I think I'd say bottom heavy and they're wide set (probably 3 fingers width!)

I'll give those sizes a try!

SorrelForbes Sun 14-Dec-14 16:36:01

Have a look at balconette styles. Freya, Fantasie, Curvy Kate and Bravissimo do good styles for wide set shapes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now