Talk

Advanced search

Sherlockish coat needed for Xmas present

(8 Posts)
princessnumber2 Sat 13-Dec-14 10:59:12

I'm a S&B lurker in awe of the knowledge and search skills displayed here.

Anyway, last night my DH put my coat on to nip into the garden and annoyingly he looked better than me in it.

It's a (women's) Ronit Zilkha double breasted wool and cashmere long black coat. Knee length on him with slightly pointy collar and lapel. I'm not good with clothes but my best description is it looked 'a bit sherlocky' (cumberbatch version) and he looked quite foxy in it.

His mate said he looked like lovejoy grin

Anyway any ideas where I can find such a thing. Ideally for about £250 or less but if easily returnable to a London store I'd go to £500 for something with a great cut that will last.

He wouldn't want anything too fashiony but also wouldn't want anything too square.

Thank you!

princessnumber2 Sat 13-Dec-14 11:02:40

It's also belted and a bit like a wool version of a trench coat.

mowglik Sat 13-Dec-14 11:20:07

Not from a normal brand but seems
To be a good replica - www.sherlockcoat.com

Just found that link to ask: what's a lovejoy?

princessnumber2 Sat 13-Dec-14 11:38:29

Thanks for the reply. Lovejoy was a tv show about an antiques dealer. He wore a leather bomber but sometimes a wool overcoat. Def not as stylish as Sherlock.

mowglik Sat 13-Dec-14 11:54:14

Oh right yeah I remember that show..yes I agree cumberbatch Sherlock is much more stylish

Just saw the price on that one, thought it was £300 for some reason!
Had a quick look and not found much more, zara has a check coat that looks similar,
This one is a little bit closer but still not there I think www.jacamo.co.uk/shop/jacamo-double-breasted-trench-coat/cf048/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1333#colour:Black,size:

I think it's a long peacoat you are after? Hopefully someone will come along and post a closer match hmm

princessnumber2 Sat 13-Dec-14 15:22:50

Yes I think it is a bit like a long peacoat. That in itself is helpful for search purposes so thanks!

Ujjayi Sat 13-Dec-14 15:33:39

Depending on budget, Paul Smith is great for this cut of coat. Quality is worth the price tag IMO. I have two Paul Smith coats which still look brand new despite being 8 & 5 years old & worn daily rather than just special occasions.

Cheaper but still excellent quality are Holland Esquire. DH has an overcoat from there & is impressed.

Last year TKMaxx had quite a few coats from Holland Esq in stock so might be worth checking there too.

princessnumber2 Sat 13-Dec-14 15:46:23

Ooh thanks. Lots of good tips there.

I'll start with tk maxx. Got a pretty good one not too far away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now