Talk

Advanced search

Anyone seen something similar (but cheaper) to this dress?

(19 Posts)
coffeenut Sat 13-Dec-14 09:14:10

LK Bennett dress: here

I posted a while ago about a formal luncheon I was attending, where there would be a photographer etc (DH's family do and is a big deal). I need something like this (arms covered, knee length but flattering) but can't afford the LK Bennett version. Thanks.

Fizziebizzie1 Sat 13-Dec-14 09:28:08

I can't post the link but if you go onto the Kaleidoscope site the do an amazing dress for £39. It's called Textured Shift Dress and comes in a variety of colours. I have the one in Cappuccino and wear it for lots of meetings. I have been asked where I got it from quite a few times. Dressed up with heels and a striking necklace it looks amazing on.

tethersend Sat 13-Dec-14 09:47:31

Damsel in a dress have quite a few.

FauxFox Sat 13-Dec-14 10:29:03

hotsquash

mowglik Sat 13-Dec-14 10:51:53

Someone posted before on damsel in a dress in Matalan and they look quite similar to the lk dress and very cheap (£25)
www.matalan.co.uk/womens/brands/d-by-damsel-in-a-dress-dresses/s2580395/d-by-damsel-ity-dress

bluewisteria Sat 13-Dec-14 13:27:01

Try baujken they are much cheaper, here is a £25 off code to help
R452V223

V flattering styles, loads with 3/4 sleeves and knee length, many lovely colours.

coffeenut Sun 14-Dec-14 00:41:34

Thanks for your responses!

I have a baukjen dress but I'm worried that it is just too clingy for this type of thing? I will try it on again in a minute and reassess.

Many of the damsel dresses are almost there, but they generally don't seem to be quite as structured/formal as the LK Bennett dress? The Carina dress looks great but is sold out. The other one I really like this one is still quite expensive. What do you all think of this? I'm worried the colour might be too out there??

I really like the detailing on the Hot Squash one. None of those colours would suit me though with the exception of the green which I might have to try (I do suit black but I don't think I could wear black to a luncheon).

Thanks all.

BeHoHoHove Sun 14-Dec-14 00:55:54

This planet dress any good?

coffeenut Sun 14-Dec-14 08:36:55

I like that Planet dress Beho but TBH I dont love it - I think the ruffle down the front would make me look a bit frumpy.

tethersend Sun 14-Dec-14 08:46:30

red

red again

coffeenut Sun 14-Dec-14 08:52:57

oh that scoop neck Jaeger dress is close to perfect Tethers.
The colour on my screen is more orange than red though - has anyone seen it in real life?

hauntedhenry Sun 14-Dec-14 08:59:19

I like the red one you posted OP. I think the colour would look great.

JetJungle Sun 14-Dec-14 09:17:19

Are the sleeves too short on this?

bluewisteria Sun 14-Dec-14 09:30:25

In my experience, Jaeger reds are quite pillar box rather than orange, a pure bright red.
But I would call the customer line to check.

bluewisteria Sun 14-Dec-14 09:41:01

Can't link as on phone, but there are 2 red jaeger dresses on their website, one is just under £100 and one just over. The do look more 'red' actually. The merino one might be lovely for a Christmas do.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 14-Dec-14 10:31:44

Fizziebizxie that dress is lovely.
If only I was a stone lighter and didn't have bingo wing arms sad

coffeenut Sun 14-Dec-14 11:16:55

Have just spoken with DH and he thinks I may really stick out in the photos if I wear red (if there is a family portrait)? Is he being ridiculous?

I can't get the Kaleidoscope site to work.

JetJungle Sun 14-Dec-14 11:48:36

This is a clickable link to the Kaleidoscope one.

I like it in cobalt.

bluewisteria Sun 14-Dec-14 19:15:36

I think sticking out depends on what everyone else is wearing really? Is it likely to be all black?
I think sticking out is fab- as long as it still fits with the event and the colour and style flatter you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now