Talk

Advanced search

Curling wand advice

(9 Posts)
SaltySeaBird Sat 13-Dec-14 01:11:14

I'm looking to buy a curling wand to achieve a beachy wave type look and to give it more volume. My hair is long and poker straight naturally, medium thickness.

Any recommendations for a cheapish one. Do I look for a tapered barrel or a thick dildo-style one (sorry don't know how else to describe them). I don't want tight ringlets or a perm style.

I'm 38 so not sure how much longer I can get away with long hair ... and I going to look silly?

ScooseIsLoose Sat 13-Dec-14 02:15:58

Hi I have a curling wand I have only used once you are welcome to it think it's a babyliss one grin

Gavlarrr Sat 13-Dec-14 02:57:56

Cloud 9 curling wand = AmaZing!!

Fabulassie Sat 13-Dec-14 08:19:23

I have a 32mm curling wand - this one:

www.amazon.co.uk/TRESemme-2805U-Volume-Curl-Tong/dp/B0068FMLQW

I like it. It gets plenty hot and has a long cord. I am rubbish at doing my hair, though, so I have never carefully curled my hair all over. I pretty much use it it make my fringe lie right on my forehead and to bounce up the bottoms of my straightened hair.

oliviafrombolivia Sat 13-Dec-14 09:56:16

I had a clipless curling wand, and I got blisters all across my knuckles from trying to use the damn thing (even with a heat glove), but I am completely cack handed. I get better results with a pair of straighteners, easier to clamp on to the hair..

SaltySeaBird Sat 13-Dec-14 10:20:43

Thanks everyone!

Scoose I was going to ask my DH to buy me one for Christmas, if you want to sell yours feel free to PM me! How come you don't use it though?

I don't really get the difference between the tapered ones and the plain thick ones.

This is the look I want to use (even though I am probably old enough to be this girls mother, I do worry I'm imagining myself to look younger than I am!) Beachy Waves

ScooseIsLoose Sat 13-Dec-14 10:31:57

Hi I don't use it as dh bought me an enrapture totem styler which I find easier to use as it has a clip and the wand doesn't I would rather someone had it who will use it tbh I don't want anything for it grin its just gathering dust along with the heated bendy rollers I used once! I really don't know why I buy this stuff considering most of the time I straighten my hair confused

SaltySeaBird Sat 13-Dec-14 11:04:22

Scoose I will send you a PM smile

ScooseIsLoose Sat 13-Dec-14 11:10:55

Ok grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now