Talk

Advanced search

£30 jumper for 65 year old DM

(9 Posts)
WastingMyYoungYears Fri 12-Dec-14 20:25:27

Also, it probably needs to be washable on a normal wash, as I doubt that she'd faff around with cool washes etc. I'm finding this difficult!

Nevercan Fri 12-Dec-14 21:11:09

Try M and Co. They have some nice cable knit jumpers in pastel shades for £20

polyhymnia Fri 12-Dec-14 22:40:32

Really depends on her tastes. What styles, colours does she like? (No reason to assume 60+ women prefer pastels as far as I'm aware).

Lifesalemon Fri 12-Dec-14 23:34:53

I got my MIL a nice beaded cardigan for £30 in M&S. they had some lovely knitwear in lots of styles and colours. You should find one there, I ordered online and delivery was quick too.

WastingMyYoungYears Sat 13-Dec-14 07:49:23

I can't really imagine her in pastel shades actually - I think she might like natural colours / greys etc. Sorry, I should have given some idea of her style in the OP.

I've already checked M&S, but didn't find anything. Maybe I should check again.

polyhymnia Sat 13-Dec-14 12:26:29

Perhaps worth looking at Boden. They have plain coloured knitwear and a sale starts tomorrow . Poetry and Wrap good for those sort of subtle colours -usually pretty pricy but do now have sales on.

AnathemaIsANiceNameForAGirl Sat 13-Dec-14 12:58:45

Would say Woolovers - loads in that price range - but natural fibres do need some consideration come wash time (also applies to Boden, Wrap etc).

Great thing about pure wool though is it needn't be washed all that often.

WastingMyYoungYears Sat 13-Dec-14 14:02:25

I know - I totally agree about the natural fibres thing, and I'm happy to take proper care of my clothes smile, but frustratingly, I think she'd ruin a nice wool jumper.

LightastheBreeze Sat 13-Dec-14 18:42:39

A lot of the knitwear has 30% off in M&S this weekend so there may be more choice for your money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now