Talk

Advanced search

Isabella Oliver wrap dress - am I missing something?

(7 Posts)
Tugstonia Fri 12-Dec-14 14:54:03

I bought an IO maternity wrap dress on eBay for a wedding tomorrow. I look hideous in it, proper sack of potatoes, and it couldn't be less flattering. Thankfully I paid a fraction of the price of what they are new (£85!) but still. I don't get the hype about them. Am I just doing it up wrong or do they just not flatter every body?

tethersend Fri 12-Dec-14 18:28:06

How are you doing it up?

PurplePidjin Fri 12-Dec-14 18:42:03

Nope, I was lent one and went from slightly-chubby-with-neat-bump to fat frump instantaneously. Really odd because the lender is a similar shape (slightly slimmer) to me and it suited her really well!

flux500 Fri 12-Dec-14 18:45:27

Is it the one with the long peices of fabric for wrapping or one that's on an already wrapped style? I know I had the wrap top where you wrapped yourself and unless I pulled the wrap really right and tied it really right within a few mins it started to look loose and crap.

GoofyIsACow Fri 12-Dec-14 18:51:35

I did the same as you OP and it was too short and it looked totally wrong, although i am not a fan of wrap dresses in any case.

Although if you have no other option you are going to have to keep trying to tie it differently, could you try tying it tighter like flux said?

I had the top (The one with the long pieces of fabric) and it was awful too, i am quite tall and. I found it just rode up and I got big gaps in it! Not a good look!

Tugstonia Fri 12-Dec-14 19:36:24

Phew, glad it's not just me! Thanks all. It's the one with long pieces of fabric for wrapping. I think part of the problem is it's a size too big so I just have way too much fabric and it's never tight enough. Sigh. Will just have to enlist DH help to do it up as tight as poss.

HazleNutt Fri 12-Dec-14 20:25:11

same here, the dress showed every lump and bump and made me look like a sack of potatoes. And I can look quite decent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now