Talk

Advanced search

Bras that don't go too far under my armpit!

(16 Posts)
Iamaslummymummy Fri 12-Dec-14 06:49:57

I'm 30f as per intervention and the leia store.

I've had 3 or 4 from leia which have all been Freya and are very comfy when I put them on but by late afternoon/evening feel like they are digging under my armpit or into my rib. I think that they seem to have wires that go too far into my armpit. I can't really get to bravissimo as that means Oxford Street and I'm disabled. I'm up for getting a bunch online and trying at home but I don't really know where to start! Help please

heritagewarrior Fri 12-Dec-14 06:52:21

I find the Panache bras really comfortable, and I had the same problem with Freya, if that helps....

ilovepowerhoop Fri 12-Dec-14 06:52:55

I have same issue with armpits but also have an issue with the wire digging in at the bit between my breasts. Style/brand tips would be appreciated

ilovepowerhoop Fri 12-Dec-14 06:53:35

I am 36GG btw

heritagewarrior Fri 12-Dec-14 09:35:17

I'm a 34FF and Panache Tango Plunge are the most comfortable bras I own....

slug Fri 12-Dec-14 10:37:26

I've had the same problem with Freya bras and, to a certain extent, Panache though not as bad. I find the Curvy Kate bras don't dig under my armpits. It's got something to do with the spacing of your breasts on your chest I think. I'm a 34 GG and have a very muscled back and broad shoulders (swimmer).

octopal Fri 12-Dec-14 10:43:56

I have two Panache balconette bras and find them really uncomfortable. On me the wires are really high under the arms. Wouldn't recommend them for comfort at all.

Freya bras tend to be wide. Panache vary between styles but for relatively narrow wires try Cleo marcie, Cleo lily/millie/Minnie and sister cuts, bravissimo kiss kiss, and bras by ewa michalak, comexim and kris line. You might like some panache, try floris, jasmine and idina

I'm assuming the problem is the wires being too wide btw as that's normally the issue with Freya. Some panache wires are long although those mentioned aren't too bad and Cleo are lower too

Iamaslummymummy Fri 12-Dec-14 13:39:06

Thank you all. Is brastop the best place for this variety of brands?

Brastop is good, bravissimo has a good selection online, mycurvesandme is great for special offers on Cleo and panache. Comexim and ewa are available on their own websites only

Iamaslummymummy Fri 12-Dec-14 14:33:35

I've ordered the lily and Marcie for a bargain price from my curves and me. Fingers crossed they fit!

nobodysfool Sun 14-Dec-14 21:40:31

I'm a 34ff/g and have the same problems and have found the Lacey bras from next fab!

Iamaslummymummy Tue 23-Dec-14 07:10:13

I've sent both the Marcie and lily back. I'm very bony between the boobs and the wire came up too high and dug in. Are any of the other suggestions going to be better for this? I'm best in Balconette styles for shape. Is this the holy grail?!

That is sometimes a problem with Cleo, the wires are firm. I used to have the same problem, ended up just sort of breaking myself in I think! You might want to try ewa michalak, as most panache are the same way. Apart from the central wires hurting how was the fit?

Iamaslummymummy Tue 23-Dec-14 21:04:37

The fit around the cup wasnt perfect but not bad. I'm up for trying the ewa michalak. How does their sizing go? Tia

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now