Talk

Advanced search

Gentlest semi-permanent hair dye?

(8 Posts)
Schoolaroundthecorner Thu 11-Dec-14 16:12:40

I have been ignoring the streaks of grey at the back of my head for a while now, mainly because I couldn't see them and I also thought there was only a few but, having just seen a picture taken of me recently, I realise its more of a problem than I thought! I want to use a gentle semi-permanent for a few reasons, mostly as I'm pregnant and my hair is already behaving very strangely. I have not benefitted from the lovely thick shiny hair you are supposed to get!

I'd really appreciate recommendations for a gentle semi-permanent dye to protect my hair as much as possible but to cover this streak and any other scattered greys. I'm naturally a very dark brown, looks black in pictures but is dark brown in real light.

WowOoo Thu 11-Dec-14 17:08:52

Would henna work on grey? I used to do mine a natural brown colour. It was very shiny afterwards.
I have no idea where to buy it these days.

LoathsomeDrab Thu 11-Dec-14 17:14:55

If you want a true (completely non damaging) semi permanent Adore do some lovely natural colours. I would imagine it would take quite well over greys and you can mix the dye in with your conditioner to keep the colour topped up.

jules1308 Thu 11-Dec-14 17:19:54

I use one called Naturvital, you can buy it online and it's brilliant. No PPDs or amonia and the best results I've had with a hair dye. Highly recommend.

BinarySolo Thu 11-Dec-14 17:20:24

I thought henna was permanent. It does cover grey tho and lush do a range. It's a right faff and the results I got were underwhelming and not worth the effort. Other people swear by it tho.

MrsCurrent Thu 11-Dec-14 17:24:26

Nice n easy is lovely, it always leaves my hair so shiny, you can buy the little conditioner that comes with it separately for between colouring to keep it up.

Schoolaroundthecorner Thu 11-Dec-14 17:48:52

Thanks everyone, will have a google for the various ranges and see what I can find. Hopefully I'll narrow down a decent colour match as well, previous attempts when I was younger weren't always a success!

MakeMineADaiquiri Fri 12-Dec-14 17:59:10

Would definitely recommend nice and easy semi permanent, I've been using it for a year ish now, sticking it on every few weeks and my hair is still in great condition

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now