Talk

Advanced search

Boden Winter Sale.

(38 Posts)
Marylou2 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:17:57

I've just had the email to say the Boden Winter Sale has started. I've has a flick through and there's absolutely nothing that appeals to me.I bought what I wanted earlier in the year. I used to buy lots but not inspired to at the moment. Just seems to be over priced randomly patterned tat.

Smugnogplease Thu 11-Dec-14 13:28:57

I haven't had an email..... Maybe they don't like me anymoresad on the site there is no mention of winter sale either

Marylou2 Thu 11-Dec-14 13:50:55

I've just read it again and it's a pre-sale email.You have to use your account details to access it.I imagine it will be live on the main site in 24hours.

Contraryish Thu 11-Dec-14 13:53:53

I got an e-mail too. I put a couple of things in my basket for the children and then thought the better of it. Nothing among the womenswear is appealing at all, even at half price!

slalomsuki Thu 11-Dec-14 14:28:44

I never got am email but I guess I'm out of favour as I only ever buy when it's reduced.

msfreud Thu 11-Dec-14 15:35:03

I had a look too and didn't find anything I wanted. I used to like lots of Boden stuff but I feel the sizing has got very inconsistent and the fit is not as good as it was. They're trying too hard - I miss the basics like A line cord skirts they did a few years ago.

Marylou2 Thu 11-Dec-14 15:49:47

Totally agree about the basics such as the cord skirts.We need better fitting, single colour quality basics rather than over embellished, patterned items.

LightastheBreeze Thu 11-Dec-14 16:07:24

I got an email but nothing I really want. I will leave it til after Xmas when the stuff is further reduced. Just 50% off a few things, there have been just as good offers throughout the year.

Cherrypie32 Thu 11-Dec-14 22:10:57

Going to get a couple of shaggy hoodies for kids, has anyone found a free delivery code that works??

Chocolateteabag Thu 11-Dec-14 23:09:53

I have just got a stupid postcard telling me the sale starts on Sunday

WTAF Johnnie? Do you not realise we all talk on these threads and those of us not "special" enough to get your preview email invite are now going to peeved we can only access the sale stuff after everyone else has had a pick over.

But sounds like there isn't much to pick over any way....

<<shuffles off to rant elsewhere >>

Greengardenpixie Thu 11-Dec-14 23:13:33

Dont worry chocolate..its crap. Think the prices have been cheaper with discount codes in the past!

CointreauVersial Thu 11-Dec-14 23:15:04

I had a look. A few nice bits and pieces, but at 50% off it's about the right price it should have been from the start.

Pamela jumpers are nice, if anyone's interested.....

dirtyprettything Fri 12-Dec-14 11:12:36

I got a wrap dress for me and pjs for the kids

System500 Fri 12-Dec-14 11:17:00

Just go to bodenpreviewco.co.uk

mrsdimmock Fri 12-Dec-14 13:01:39

Thanks System500, peeved that I didn't get an email. angry Thanks Johnnie!

mrsdimmock Fri 12-Dec-14 13:02:44

I've just had this as I tried to login:

You're not on this year's sale preview list.
But please don't panic, this sale is set to be a big one and
you can still beat the crowds by shopping from your settee.

Nice. WOW I feel So special. Not.

slalomsuki Fri 12-Dec-14 13:51:18

Still no email for me so I guess I am not on the special list either which is their loss not mine.

Chocolateteabag Fri 12-Dec-14 15:56:33

Yup - if I'm not special enough for an email invite then I'm taking my self off elsewhere - no stupid invite list over at John Lewis

This has got me so annoyed - such a cliquey thing to do!

Housewife2010 Fri 12-Dec-14 18:48:27

I got the Pamela jumper, but I wouldn't recommend it. When it arrived I absolutely loved it. It's a gorgeous shape with a 60s look, but by the end of the day it had pilled. I wore it again and washed it very carefully but it was very pilled. I returned it. Such a shame as I'd been planning to get more colours in the sale. This happens so often and over so many years with Boden knitwear. Why don't they improve it?

shins Fri 12-Dec-14 23:54:16

In fairness, most of their A/W stuff has been shite this year;I don't want to be in my 40s and dressed like Milly Molly Mandy. However, I got a couple of gorgeous summer dresses in their Clearance section at a big discount.

casualpauper Sat 13-Dec-14 00:02:21

It is crap. Very few items at 50% and it's all the guff that hasn't been selling well. Wait for further, proper reductions later this month or early Jan.

casualpauper Sat 13-Dec-14 00:04:50

I don't like that that they've only invited select few, even though I got an invite. Joules did this a few years ago (I didn't get an invite) and I've never forgotten, or forgiven grin

Sale opens up to all on Monday?

MissClemencyTrevanion Sat 13-Dec-14 00:17:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZaraW Sat 13-Dec-14 07:02:48

Toast will also be doing the pre sale which annoys me also. The only reason I know this I ordered from their archive sale but they couldn't fulfil my order and they will send me an email to let me know when pre sale starts.

BlueEyedWonder Sat 13-Dec-14 07:15:36

I got the email, had a browse and will be ordering nothing.
I've had as good, if not better, deals throughout the season on items I've wanted.
As others have said, wait til January for further reductions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now