Talk

Advanced search

Non wired, padded t-shirt bras (in colours other than black, white or nude)

(11 Posts)
Petal02 Wed 10-Dec-14 13:28:54

They're so hard to find! M&S aren't doing them in any nice colours at present, and I can't see them anywhere else. In a 34D. Any ideas?

Petal02 Fri 19-Dec-14 09:16:01

Bump!

SorrelForbes Fri 19-Dec-14 09:55:39

I think Freya still do an under wired version of their Deco bra. I have to ask because I can't help myself have you measured the MN way? It's just that a 34DD is designed for someone with an across bust measurement of 39". I measure 40" and there is no way I could wear an under wired bra and feel secure, lifted etc.

WowOoo Fri 19-Dec-14 18:15:14

You could try a Uniqlo bra in L. They are very comfy.

hugoagogo Fri 19-Dec-14 18:23:58

I have seen some in sainsburys I think.

Think SF means she couldn't wear an UNWIRED bra, as I know she definitely wears wires grin

SorrelForbes Fri 19-Dec-14 23:05:10

Ummm, yes that's what I meant to type blush. I can't quite imagine wearing a non world bra!

Petal02 Sat 20-Dec-14 00:19:14

I don't have much flesh on my rib cage and struggle to wear a wired bra for more than a few hours.

GarethCanFOff Sat 20-Dec-14 01:45:45

Hi Petal, I used to feel like this but I am a recent convert to the Mumsnet proper measuring and fitting advice grin . There is advice here on how to recognise a bra is not right for you and how to measure correctly (if you have been measured in M&S you have probably been measured incorrectly)

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html

Petal02 Sat 20-Dec-14 09:17:31

If I wear anything smaller than a 34" band size, then either I can't breathe or I can't fasten it!

I just prefer non wired.

SorrelForbes Sat 20-Dec-14 10:31:07

But that's almost definitely due to the cup being too small and 'stealing' material from the band. I find a 34DD feels very uncomfortable but a 30GG is fine.

What are your under and across measurements?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now