Talk

Advanced search

Help with bra size please

(11 Posts)
Sunny67 Wed 10-Dec-14 10:19:22

So I've been reading the bra measuring on here but just want to check with you lovely bra ladies before I order any.
I've measured myself this morning and I'm 35 42. I'm wearing 38b at the moment as the 36bs had been a bit uncomfortable since I put on a little weight. I'm not too sure what to go for as 35 is an odd number. is it best to go up to 36 or down to 34? thanks

StillSquirrelling Wed 10-Dec-14 10:22:52

I read an excellent bra measuring guide last year (can't find it again now!) and the recommendation was always to size down.
The guide was a bit of a revelation for me - I'd been measuring myself wrong for years and couldn't work out why my straps kept falling down and I got that 'double-bob' effect. Apart from when pregnant or BFeeding, I'd always worn 34C - turns out I'm actually a 32DD!! blush

StillSquirrelling Wed 10-Dec-14 10:23:32

Thats's double-boob, not bob!

InMySpareTime Wed 10-Dec-14 10:28:14

No wonder a 36B was tight, your measurements are more like a 34F/36E! When the cups are too small, they pull the band away from the body, making the straps feel tighter than they should.
A well-fitting bra has very little "give" on the loosest hook at first, the strap should be horizontal at the back and not riding up, the bit where the underwires meet in the middle should be sitting flat against your ribcage and your breasts should be sitting nicely in the cups.

Sunny67 Wed 10-Dec-14 10:30:57

Thanks. I will get on figleaves and have a look.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sunny67 Wed 10-Dec-14 16:37:01

Thanks Quiets. I've already ordered 2 different styles of both 34f & 36e so I'll try them and see how they fit. If they're not a good I will try your suggestion too. The problem is the nearest bravissimo is about 25 miles from where I live and I hate shopping so there's no way I'd go this time of year. I will give these ago and I know figleaves are good with returns. I will give an update when I've got them and thanks all again. Never in a million tears tdid I think I'd be a cup size like these!!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

InMySpareTime Wed 10-Dec-14 19:38:30

My measurements are 26 and 35, I wear a 26G (which are not commonly stocked in most shops!)
I've been told my size is not a real size, yet my 26G bras fit perfectly.
The likes of M&S would put me in a 34B, which unsurprisingly don't fit...

Sunny67 Wed 10-Dec-14 20:06:58

smile I always thought my boobs weren't that big!! Can't wait to find the right fit now! I'm sure if blokes had boobs they'd have had this lot sorted ages ago. There's mo way they'd be fobbed off with bad service and fit grin

AnythingNotEverything Wed 10-Dec-14 20:10:28

A good bra takes a dress size off you. Don't be afraid to keep going up in the cup. Don't be scared!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now