Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry bag question- yes another one.

(11 Posts)
Floellabenjamin Wed 10-Dec-14 09:21:40

Does anyone have the bayswater leather tote bag- is it very heavy and too much for a work bag? Does the fact that it doesn't close completely make it impractical?
Or does anyone have the tessie tote bag? What's the quality like, the leather is softer than the first bag, does that make it less durable?

Have a very BIG birthday coming up and hoping to treat myself!

leedy Wed 10-Dec-14 10:18:44

I don't have a Tessie tote, but do have a Tessie satchel (I presume the leather is the same), the leather in it is lovely and seems pretty sturdy.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 10-Dec-14 10:57:31

I have it. It's a bit big for me. I like a messenger bag more.
But my DD loves it and uses it a lot.
She can carry all sorts around with her in it.

Floellabenjamin Wed 10-Dec-14 21:14:22

Thank you hells- did you mean the bayswater tote?

fiorentina Wed 10-Dec-14 21:34:41

I have a Bayswater tote and I only really use for work and formal occasions. It's a very useful bag though and has lasted well so far.

justasecond Wed 10-Dec-14 21:47:17

I recently got a tessie tote in Oxblood. Has not had many outings yet but the leather seems great, soft but not too delicate. It does not have any stud feet on the bottom which I would have preferred as I am a bit scared of putting it down when out in case it gets dirty. I have never been a huge Mulberry fan but I like the understated branding on this one.

hellsbellsmelons Thu 11-Dec-14 11:43:54

I mean this one:-

MooMinCow Thu 11-Dec-14 13:59:47

I got the Effie tote last year and it's been great. It's lightweight (for a Mulberry) and I like that it's not too structured, has a zip and can fit loads in. The long strap is great too if you need to have your hands free.

I have a regular Bayswater and don't use it as much as it is bloody heavy confused

Floellabenjamin Thu 11-Dec-14 15:47:38

Moo min that's good to know as this was on my short list. Do you find it roomy enough? How durable is the leather?

FuckyNellItsChristmas Thu 11-Dec-14 16:01:24

Yes I have the bays water tote.

It's heavy, and also doesn't fit comfortably on my shoulder so I have to 'carry'.

It's good looking and practical though. It doesn't matter about not closing fully, also you can pull the sides in pretty tight.

Must say I prefer my large daria hobo. Now sadly discontinued. Boo! grin

MooMinCow Thu 11-Dec-14 20:58:30

Yes, very roomy (and lined!) I use one of those cheap handbag organisers from primark inside so I can find bits quickly. It is a lot softer than the Bayswater leather and has no visible sign of wear after a year. I love that it has minimal logos/branding so doesn't scream Mulberry like other designs. Looks great slung over across the body with jeans too, so a very versatile bag. I do love my oak Bayswater (now 3/4 years old and aging nicely) but tend to use it more during Spring/Summer.

I bought mine duty free from Heathrow (but I'm sure the price has increased since I got it in January!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now