Talk

Advanced search

What to buy in Paris

(5 Posts)
homebythesea Tue 09-Dec-14 22:43:09

Off to Gay Paree shortly- anything I should look out for S&B wise- cheaper than or hard to get at home?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 09-Dec-14 22:44:49

Some of the high street stuff is different enough to be nice, individual yet still cheap. What's your budget?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 09-Dec-14 22:45:40

If you are big busted then forget about tops and bras. Am a 32e/f and I order everything in from the uk.

homebythesea Tue 09-Dec-14 22:55:15

Budget not really an issue, but I love a bargain! I have zero breasts so that is not a problem! I particularly love flat shoes and handbags, but also interested in any good skincare that we can't get here

PetiteRaleuse Tue 09-Dec-14 23:21:07

There is a parapharmacie on rue du four which is worth a look for skincare. Sephora for make up. Careful though, a lot of the good skin care products are cheaper in the uk. Thinking La Roche Posay for example. Avène too I think.

I have summaries of pretty much all the high street and designer stores via work that I can email you, with an idea of what they sell.

Shoes I would look at Minelli for good quality not too expensive.

High end designer stuff the shopping streets around St Germain des Pres. High street stuff on blvd St Germain and the Blvd St Michel too. Good mix of everything round there. Rue de Rennes in the same area too.

Les Halles shopping centre has high street stuff and used to have boutique up and coming designers too. Not sure if still the case now it has been refurbished.

The make up counters in Printemps, Galeries Lafayette and au bon marche are great.

I used to love La Samaritaine but they closed it long term. I don't know if they ever re-opened it.

More quirky stuff kind of moves about depending on trends. Leathers and vintage near Les Halles and Bastille. There are other districts but as I said tiles change and I moved away quite a while ago so can't be sure anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now