Talk

Advanced search

sparkly skirt styling please

(8 Posts)
doineedhelp Tue 09-Dec-14 21:23:34

So it tissue the season to be sparkly... however I do not have the figure to style this fab pencil skirt with a crop top a large photo fsad so how would you style this on a 40 year old size 14 apple who needs to keep arms covered. Oh by the way I am a 3rd. Will be wearing opaques and ankle wedge boots but what about on top?

doineedhelp Tue 09-Dec-14 21:24:47

Oops pressed too soon... Thanks S&B ladies grin

doineedhelp Tue 09-Dec-14 21:25:47

Oh stupid fucking autocorrect! 'Tis the season' obviously

doineedhelp Tue 09-Dec-14 21:28:27

Okay -hangs head in shame- so many spelling mistakes in that post! What I was trying to say was I'm a 36ff (not 3rd!) Less haste in the future!

zaracharlotte Tue 09-Dec-14 21:31:17

Black long sleeve top with a v neckline, good cleavage grin

doineedhelp Tue 09-Dec-14 21:44:57

Thank you zara I have such a top but fear it might be too clingy on my post baby apple belly! Maybe the answer is cleavage and then no one will notice wobbly huge belly :-)

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 00:30:14

How about a black silk/silky shirt , worn out over the top of the skirt to flatter tummy, but with a few more and more as the evening wears on buttons open to highlight the distracting cleavage...maybe a long silver y shaped or pendant necklace for similar cleavage highlighting reasons?

Either that or a soft black knit with elbow length sleeves. An ex once told me that whenever he saw a woman wearing something sparkly or with sequins it looked sharp or like armour and it made him scared to touch in case he scratched himself. He said that clothes that look soft or fluffy were the opposite- he always wanted to stroke those like they were a cat? Depends on the company you'll be in of course!

doineedhelp Wed 10-Dec-14 10:59:36

thanks Roja i think a knit might work - I am definitely going for scratchy rather than smooth... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now