Talk

Advanced search

Xmas party dress

(9 Posts)
LittleMilla Tue 09-Dec-14 20:27:41

Sorry in advance as I know there are lots of these kicking about. I'm short on time (as I'm organising the damn do) so prob have to shop online. Dh complains about my copious amounts of failed online shopping efforts so want to get it right, ideally.

I'm 5ft1, 9st, size 10. Ok arms, legs, décolletage but fat tummy. Tend to veer towards sack style dresses. Could blame children on my tum but it's always been my problem area. I have long blonde hair and 'normal' skintone.

Style-wise my uniform a the mo tends to be skinny jeans and a loose cos top with brogues. I'm 33 and like to think I'm still (just about) with it re fashion but starting to increasingly dress for my age blush

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

LittleMilla Tue 09-Dec-14 21:28:54

nudgey bump grin

tethersend Tue 09-Dec-14 21:34:51

How about something like this?

LittleMilla Tue 09-Dec-14 21:51:21

love it! would certainly be the most sophisticated thing I've ever bought! would worry about sweat patches

mirpuppet Tue 09-Dec-14 21:56:20

That dress is gorgeous!

LittleMilla Tue 09-Dec-14 22:02:57

www.stories.com/gb/Ready-to-wear/Dresses/Aurora_Print_A-line_Dress/582938-102135305.1

Really in love with this one! I've heard if &other stories but never had a proper look before. Love it! Like Cos but cheaper, epic!

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Tue 09-Dec-14 22:04:45

I'm about the same size as you and want any excuse to wear this dress

LittleMilla Tue 09-Dec-14 22:07:55

fruit that is gorgeous! although I'd be very worried about it looking like a bridesmaid dress on me???the model is a good 6 inches taller than me grin

FruitBasedDrinkForALady Tue 09-Dec-14 22:15:17

Nooooooo, it's not remotely bridesmaid-y! (although I wish it had been an option last time I was a bridesmaid hmm ). I think with killer heels it would be fine length wise - although I'm used to everything being a bit long on me anyway (I'm 5ft2 so only smidge taller than you)

I love the one you posted above, very funky yet pretty and just girly enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now