Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Clarasonic or other alternative?

(14 Posts)
Albaba Tue 09-Dec-14 17:05:16

Just wondering has anyone got the Clarasonic and what do they think of it?

My DH keeps asking "what do you want for Christmas?" and I genuinely don't really want or need anything. Then I saw an advertisement for this. Only yesterday I was trying unsuccessfully to take a selfie with my dd and thought "goodness you look pale, have lines around your eyes and have definitely aged". I always prided myself in looking youngish and having good skin but now I think things have caught up with me.

Also I know the Clarasonic is very expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations for ones that are cheaper but still effective? Thanks in advance.

reallifegetsintheway Tue 09-Dec-14 17:10:47

I have the Boots own version after someone on here recommended it. Soem people didn't rate the clarisonic and I didn't want to make an expensive mistake so I bought this. A lot cheaper and it does the job. On a 3 for 2 offer at Boots at moment.
www.boots.com/en/No7-Beautiful-Skin-Cleansing-Brush_1304042/

chipsandpeas Tue 09-Dec-14 17:13:17

i have the boots one and its pretty good, i dont use it as often as i should mind you
clinique also do one as well

holdyourown Tue 09-Dec-14 17:14:57

I've got the Olay one (amazon) and it's great

gonegrey56 Tue 09-Dec-14 17:27:21

Got the Clinique one which I like a lot, but then I have oily T zone which it helps with . A more sensitive skin might find it too harsh .

EthelCardew Tue 09-Dec-14 19:25:55

Ahh, it was selfies with my DD that made me Google this too!

I'm interested in the clarisonic too but have proper sensitive/irritable skin so was wondering about the Forneo Luna (looks a bit dodgy!) as it's not a brush but is supposed to still do a good job.

TheEnduringMoment Tue 09-Dec-14 20:42:37

Can I barge in please to ask whether one of these would be suitable for 12 year old DD's blackhead-prone skin?

MsVanRein Tue 09-Dec-14 21:00:12

I have the Clarisonic Mia and the Clinique Sonic Cleansing brush. Find the Clinique one gentler tbh, I think it's because it doesn't rotate. I've used the no.7 one but didn't like it much, but was comparing to the Clarisonic which is obviously a lot more expensive.

Love my Clarisonic but the Clinique brush is definitely the best value for money I think - have bought two ad Christmas presents!

A facial cleansing brush is definitely worthwhile though so no matter what one you pick I'm sure you won't regret it!

Pusspuss1 Tue 09-Dec-14 21:11:45

I have the Mia, the £80 one. I like it - think it helps give me a bit of a glow.

gonegrey56 Tue 09-Dec-14 21:39:11

Yes very good for blackhead prone skin . That's why I use the Clinique one but only once or twice a week.

Pusspuss1 Wed 10-Dec-14 18:35:48

The Mia hasn't done anything for my blackheads, though. I wish!

PrimalLass Wed 10-Dec-14 22:54:20

I love my Clinique sonic brush. A friend stared at me today then said, "your skin looks amazing". grin

TipseyTorvey Wed 10-Dec-14 22:57:53

Another vote for the clarisonic - wouldn't say I look ten years younger or anything but definitely notice when I use it regularly vs when I lapse. If it broke I'd buy one again pretty quick.

hydeparkhottie Thu 11-Dec-14 01:07:18

I have both a clarisonic (the big one for body and face) and a foreo foreo mini

and I love the foreo more--but both work great. I use the foreo in the shower/gym and whenever i travel. If I had to go back in time, I would have just bought the foreo because I don't have to buy replacement brushes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now