Talk

Advanced search

Second Hand Chanel - to buy or not to buy?

(4 Posts)
alfieandanniesmum Tue 09-Dec-14 13:28:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mowglik Tue 09-Dec-14 13:40:04

I looked into it and was recommended vestiare collective (I think it's called!) and yoogis closet which looked good and had lots of choice. I haven't used them though but hopefully someone who has will be along

ZaraW Tue 09-Dec-14 13:58:47

I got a Marc Jacobs handbag from Yoogi's closet it was around 60% off the retail price. It looked new apart from a couple of stiches which had come undone inside the bag and wasn't noticeable when closed. I would definitely use them again. They usually have a good selection of Chanel.

santamarianovella Tue 09-Dec-14 14:05:06

I have no first hand knowledge about consignment stores, but a friend bought one, and the moment she opend the box, she bursted into tears, it smelled odd, like it was stored in a cold damp place, the condition was as described, but it really smelled, this is through a seller in the city I'm living in currently. she couldn't send it back, and it wasn't cheap, around €1800, she could have bought a WOC or petit shopper

My only advice, is ,do tour home work before buying, you can find some good gems in second hand stores, but its always risky,try to examine them first ,touch and check conditon before buying, and if its too good to be true, then it must be, and never buy anything that is final sale,

You can save a bit and by the wallet on chain, or the grand shopper bag, or the mini square ones or cerf tote, they are all under £2000, and if you are a frequent flyer you can get them tax free at heathrow,

HTH,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now