Talk

Advanced search

good make up brands for my mixed race DD

(10 Posts)
bbkl Tue 09-Dec-14 12:51:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Tue 09-Dec-14 12:53:08

I have found Bobbi brown to be the best.

Inthedarkaboutfashion Tue 09-Dec-14 12:55:57

This article might be some help
www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/makeup/reviews/a30191/the-best-foundations-for-mixed-race-skin/

It might also be worth going to a dept store and trying stuff out on the make up counters. Bobbi browns no mac will usually give a mini makeover for free so you can try out the products (more of a skin colour test really).

Skinheadmermaid Tue 09-Dec-14 13:03:13

Sleek at Superdrug is specifically for darker skin tones.

McSqueezy Tue 09-Dec-14 13:06:41

Depends how dark she is, I'm mixed and find most of the foundations aimed at brown skin far too dark/orange for me. I prefer to buy a few different shades (made for white women) and mix them. My favourite brands are Revlon Colorstay and Loreal True Match.

Not much help, but it is really a never ending quest!

plentyofshoes Tue 09-Dec-14 16:21:46

I hear that Mac is very good? Where I am there is a good mix of staff of all skin colours at the shop, so that might help her feel confident about trying it out?

Lonelynessie Tue 09-Dec-14 17:33:25

Mac is great for me. They have loads of shades and also different tones (so warm or cool).

Fabulassie Tue 09-Dec-14 18:37:25

My friend has a mixed race daughter who likes Blackup, available at Debenhams. She's not overly thrilled with mac, saying it's OK but sometimes hard to find the right shade. For drug store brands, I have noticed that Sleek seem to cater to women of colour, and I think their products are very good.

Picturesinthefirelight Tue 09-Dec-14 18:54:32

Dd (13) was certainly taken seriously at the Boots No 7 counter but I don't know how suitable their colours are for mixed race skin.

bbkl Tue 09-Dec-14 22:50:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now