Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

And this is why women struggle to believe their bra size!

(28 Posts)

When you have the daily mail putting out shite like this.

The article is badly put together but...
In the picture with the blue lips they're claiming she's a 32C. Erm, no.
The one in the white/silver satin dress is supposedly a 32D
The largest she's apparently been, is a 32G. Ha, ha, ha
The one captioned "At the launch of her swimwear range in 2012 Katie showed off the results of her sixth boob job" is a 32F

Seriously, not one of those sizes is remotely accurate. It's no wonder folk don't believe they might need to go to bravissimo when that first photo is being touted as a 32C.

<rant over>

Angelhairscruff Mon 08-Dec-14 20:21:00

Ha! I'm a 32 dd (thanks to bra intervention) and my chest is far smaller than the pic with blue lips

dexter73 Mon 08-Dec-14 20:23:46

Wow! I'm a 32D and have no cleavage whatsoever! My chest is nothing like the picture of KP in the silver dress!

OneLittleLady Mon 08-Dec-14 20:31:25

Katie price is a 32F? my arse she is! I haven't got a QUARTER of hat she's got and i'm a 32FF!!

OneLittleLady Mon 08-Dec-14 20:31:36

what**

WowserBowser Mon 08-Dec-14 20:33:32

I nearly started a thread after seeing this! It so annoys me.

That's the thing, a 32C is (no offence meant to any 32Cs reading) a relatively petite size. That blue lips photo is significantly bigger than a 32C. Well, it's significantly bigger than a C, and she's probably more like a 28 band but...

WowserBowser Mon 08-Dec-14 20:41:19

Yes, I am a 30F but was wearing 34c/32d and I have rather small boobies.

And she is very thin, so she would only wear a 32 if she couldn't find any smaller bands!

Showy Mon 08-Dec-14 20:45:34

My breasts aren't big at all and I'm relatively slim but probably not KP slim and I am a 28 band. I've just tried on a few E cups from a few different places and they are far too small. I'm not sure what size I am but I despair of bra sizes in general. I went into a shop yesterday and anything below a 34 band was in the age 9-13 section.

TheSpottedZebra Mon 08-Dec-14 20:50:15

I love these threads. I was wearing a 34b then I was intervened (?) and I now wear a 28f. I am q small breasted. Barely a handful, if the hands are, erm mine. I don't have big hands.

Showy get yourself to a Bravissimo if you can (or order online), there are lots of beautiful 28 band bras about. I know what you mean though, some shops are dreadful.

Have a look at this for fitting advice

ladeedad Mon 08-Dec-14 20:52:26

Katie will be more like a 26H if not bigger.

I'd say probably bigger. She'll be slightly deceptive as they're fake so very high and upfront, but I'm a 30HH/J and I'd say the biggest photos were bigger than me even accounting for her slimmer body

ouryve Mon 08-Dec-14 21:02:54

My 32G is far smaller than her supposed 32C. Though there's a lot more of me for my boobs to be hanging off.

Showy Mon 08-Dec-14 21:04:11

Oh I've seen that fitting advice many times. I've been trying to find my correct size for months on end now. Nothing fits. No Bravissimo and couldn't afford it anyway.

TheSpottedZebra Tue 09-Dec-14 00:55:07

Showy, have you seen the clearance at mycurvesandme ?

fridgepants Thu 11-Dec-14 14:24:29

The bra in the blue lips photo doesn't even fit her - the underwire looks as though it's resting on her breast tissue.

squoosh Thu 11-Dec-14 14:27:32

Boobs aside I much prefer her natural nose and lips to the augmented versions.

Lweji Thu 11-Dec-14 14:37:37

I'm a 32D! (well, actually I am a 28F/30E, but YKWIM) And I'm smaller than any of her pictures.

ScarlettOHaraHamilton Thu 11-Dec-14 14:42:08

I honestly didn't believe it when Bravissimo gradually put me down into a 28FF last year. I thought, hang on, I've got boobs, but I've not got Katie Price boobs, what's going on here?

And realised it was because we've been told forever that women like Kelly Brook have 32D boobs!

Why do they say it, though? 28FF sounds a lot more impressive to me than 32D.

WowserBowser Thu 11-Dec-14 14:45:47

So true Scarlett

And (especially in America) big boobs are referred to as double d's

I don't think DH even believes my 30f bra fits.

ScarlettOHaraHamilton Thu 11-Dec-14 14:50:36

Ditto - DP refused to believe me when I told him what size I had been measured as grin

hissingcat Thu 11-Dec-14 15:14:27

Another one here whose DH refused to believe i was a 30E (and I have next to nothing in the chest dept).
I was like "well, I must be because it fits" hmm
why is it not common knowledge how to measure properly for bras?
If it wasn't for a thread I saw on mumsnet I'd still be hanging out everywhere from a 34B angry

HazleNutt Fri 12-Dec-14 11:35:02

I was reading an American article, where the woman claimed that while breastfeeding, she went up to such an amazing, humungous size as 34D, can you imagine?

leedy Fri 12-Dec-14 11:53:09

Boggling as well. I'm a 32DD/34D depending on brand and am about a zillion sizes smaller than her supposed 32D.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now