Talk

Advanced search

what do u wear if u are skinny

(9 Posts)
mummypig3 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:51:05

But have big saggy breastfeeding boobs? I live in leggings and jeggings since ds was born but ive had a few comments about how skinny my legs are, and baggy tops for easy access to boob. I dont get chance to try things on as he hates shopping

Coconutjoe Mon 08-Dec-14 19:46:54

I went with double vest top and big cardy for b feeding and jeans. Depending on the size of your boobs you might want a different top. Used next jeans, to get me through the transition from maternity to regular size. Like skinny with boots to chunk up the legs or you could go wide leg or boot cut for balance.

Good luck. My boys hated shopping too sad

Blanketontheground Mon 08-Dec-14 21:01:23

Decent jeans - I second the Next high waisted ones. H&m long vests. Then buy nice tops that you will wear post b/feeding. I bought some smart shirt / blouse tops that I now wear to work.

mummypig3 Wed 10-Dec-14 15:46:39

Im wearing boots to bulk out my lower legs, but what do i do about my thighs? Maybe a longer coat? Im quite petite though

nilbyname Wed 10-Dec-14 15:51:23

A good bra!

A check shirt with skinny jeans
Longer line fitted stretchy tops, then skinny cords
Biker boots, or ash jalouse boots
Hair up, pretty make up.

Twinklestein Wed 10-Dec-14 16:15:23

A good bra is a must, and there's nothing wrong with having skinny legs, I wouldn't 'bulk' them if I were you.

I wore a lot minis with thick tights, vests and comfy cardies as well as leggings when I was breast feeding.

flux500 Wed 10-Dec-14 16:17:47

In my exprience any comments about skinny legs from others are usually green eyed monster related. I used to be really self conscious of my thigh gap before I realised some people think it's hot!

Also alongside the bfing, I had a few tea dresses which I wore with over the knee socks (and wore the over the knee socks over leggings) so this did a good job of keeping warm and adding bulk to legs!) Maybe long line vest, skater skirt, over the knee socks and leggings? The socks can be black, he leggings can be black, so it all blends in.

Jeans-wise I'd just get some super skinny jeans and be gazelle-legged and proud smile

For braver days go without the leggings, goes down quite well with the menfolk! ;)

mummypig3 Wed 10-Dec-14 20:18:44

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Dont know about gazelle legged, im only 5'3

aliciaj Fri 12-Dec-14 11:53:17

I wear 12/13 year old trousers/jeans/jeggings or shorts mainly. I have dd boobs so just wear adult tops.

Its much better now I am.in my 30s as young teens dress in an adult manner. I am the same height as you to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now