Which ankle boots to teach in?

(12 Posts)
NeverFreezeLobsters Mon 08-Dec-14 17:23:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Iheartautumn Mon 08-Dec-14 17:25:18

Have you tried chelsea boots?

NeverFreezeLobsters Mon 08-Dec-14 17:41:20

I think flat ankle boots are hard to wear with dresses and skirts, unless the skirts are quite short. Knee highs are sometimes easier, or heeled ankle boots.

specialsubject Mon 08-Dec-14 19:58:25

make sure they don't affect your walk - in practice this means a heel no more than an inch or so high. These are quite hard to find now.

this lot offer some choice if you aren't over a size 7:

www.shoezone.com/Womens/Boots/Ankle

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 08-Dec-14 20:20:48

I like knee high boots for teaching in, easy to wear with dresses. Ankle boots for weekends.

M and S always good for knee highs, or Dune - hang on til the Boxing Day sales though.

RustyBear Mon 08-Dec-14 20:32:23

I work in a school (support staff, not teaching, but I'm on my feet a good part of the time) and I bought some pikolinos last week - they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

www.pikolinos.com/df-en/women/ankle-boots.html There are lots of flattish ones here.

TheBuskersDog Mon 08-Dec-14 21:46:16

I like Clarks Orinoco Club.

SantisLittleHelper Mon 08-Dec-14 22:40:18

I work in a school office & want these

Am just trying to find a 20% off code!

I have similar in grey, beige, black & burgundy but these are the elusive navy ones that will go with much of my winter working wardrobe - & I need them soon to save my feet freezing off in my stupid ballet flats hmm

alfieandanniesmum Mon 08-Dec-14 23:13:33

Try M&S they have brilliant ones. These ones are a nice mix of sensible (they have Insolia in) and not too frumpy! I have them and love them

NeverFreezeLobsters Tue 09-Dec-14 07:31:16

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 00:36:43

Knee boots not ankle boots, but they are stretchy fabric ones so they look like you're wearing opaque tights really. I have thes ein navy and have been surprised how much they go with, plus they have jsut enough height to make a difference, but not so much they aren't comfy.
www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-sugar-pop-below-the-knee-boots/p125898?colour=Black

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: