Talk

Advanced search

Which ankle boots to teach in?

(12 Posts)
NeverFreezeLobsters Mon 08-Dec-14 17:23:19

I'm starting a teaching job next term and plan on wearing wrap dresses, cardis, opaques and boots. But which boots? Flattish, but not frumpish, preferably. Please help and link me up!

Iheartautumn Mon 08-Dec-14 17:25:18

Have you tried chelsea boots?

NeverFreezeLobsters Mon 08-Dec-14 17:41:20

Good idea. Am also thinking of Mary Janes with a low heel [specific].

I think flat ankle boots are hard to wear with dresses and skirts, unless the skirts are quite short. Knee highs are sometimes easier, or heeled ankle boots.

specialsubject Mon 08-Dec-14 19:58:25

make sure they don't affect your walk - in practice this means a heel no more than an inch or so high. These are quite hard to find now.

this lot offer some choice if you aren't over a size 7:

www.shoezone.com/Womens/Boots/Ankle

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Mon 08-Dec-14 20:20:48

I like knee high boots for teaching in, easy to wear with dresses. Ankle boots for weekends.

M and S always good for knee highs, or Dune - hang on til the Boxing Day sales though.

RustyBear Mon 08-Dec-14 20:32:23

I work in a school (support staff, not teaching, but I'm on my feet a good part of the time) and I bought some pikolinos last week - they are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn.

www.pikolinos.com/df-en/women/ankle-boots.html There are lots of flattish ones here.

TheBuskersDog Mon 08-Dec-14 21:46:16

I like Clarks Orinoco Club.

SantisLittleHelper Mon 08-Dec-14 22:40:18

I work in a school office & want these

Am just trying to find a 20% off code!

I have similar in grey, beige, black & burgundy but these are the elusive navy ones that will go with much of my winter working wardrobe - & I need them soon to save my feet freezing off in my stupid ballet flats hmm

alfieandanniesmum Mon 08-Dec-14 23:13:33

Try M&S they have brilliant ones. These ones are a nice mix of sensible (they have Insolia in) and not too frumpy! I have them and love them

NeverFreezeLobsters Tue 09-Dec-14 07:31:16

Love those alfie!

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 00:36:43

Knee boots not ankle boots, but they are stretchy fabric ones so they look like you're wearing opaque tights really. I have thes ein navy and have been surprised how much they go with, plus they have jsut enough height to make a difference, but not so much they aren't comfy.
www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-sugar-pop-below-the-knee-boots/p125898?colour=Black

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now