Talk

Advanced search

Mascara recommendations to make lashes look long and thick...

(22 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Mon 08-Dec-14 17:05:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Madaboutthrows Mon 08-Dec-14 17:12:35

Try the Clinique site which shows what mascara matches what effect

minipie Mon 08-Dec-14 17:19:39

I'm a big fan of Clinique High Definition mascara. Tis not waterproof mind you (but it doesn't seem to flake or rub, so is only a problem if you anticipate crying).

KittyandTeal Mon 08-Dec-14 17:23:32

I love the Chanel one. It's in the round tube rather than the square. I've had lots of positive comments. One parent at school asked if I'd have false eye lashes put on when I started using it.

Madaboutthrows Mon 08-Dec-14 20:26:48

Mini is that the one with the comb brush?

minipie Mon 08-Dec-14 21:17:53

nope just a normal brush. I've tried other ones which are a bit more thickening/lengthening but they all clog and need to be combed through for ages. The high definition mascara doesn't need combing through except maybe when the tube is brand brand new (it is better on day 3 onwards iyswim)

Bexicles Tue 09-Dec-14 08:12:12

I like Max Factor Masterpiece mascara, 2 coats of it gives me thick long lashes.

YouniqueLashes Tue 09-Dec-14 10:18:02

3D Fiber Lashes by Younique!

I am biased as I sell them but this is the best mascara I have tried by a mile. It doesn't contain any nasty chemicals, water resistant (but washes off easily with warm water and soap) and enhances dramatically (think up to 300% thickness and volume). I have been using it for 3 weeks now and am totally addicted.

slug Tue 09-Dec-14 10:26:08

Lordy, not the Younique ones unless you want your eyelashes to look like an attack of the mutant spiders. hmm

YouniqueLashes Tue 09-Dec-14 10:44:43

Mine don't, I can assure you slug. I don't really use much make up but this is my must have now. Quite a few of friends and family have been converted too and I am yet to get a negative feedback from a client.

SimoneAdriaan Tue 09-Dec-14 10:49:11

Have a look at Benefit 'They're Real'(but it is a right bitch to get off) Max Factor 2000 Calorie, and Chanel 'Le Volume De Chanel'.

SofaCanary Tue 09-Dec-14 12:00:49

Laura Mercier Full Blown is very creamy and fluttery, easily buildable.

kerstina Tue 09-Dec-14 16:33:26

I hate Benefit 'they're real' its not worth the hassle of trying to get it off and probably crap for your skin if you do find anything strong enough to remove it! Really don't understand why its so popular. Clinique high definition is the best I have tried ,the lashes look improved but natural.

ovaltine Tue 09-Dec-14 16:36:50

It's a long story by Arbonne.

hauntedhenry Tue 09-Dec-14 16:42:50

I don't like Benefit either, did nothing for me. I used to love Dior but have gone off it lately. I'll be following this thread with interest!

RojaGato Tue 09-Dec-14 17:57:57

Real purity mascara in black. Very gentle, no alcohol so eyes don't sting. Take a few coats to build but gets there with four applications, and is a good normal use mascara with one or two coats.

RojaGato Tue 09-Dec-14 17:58:14

Forgot link
www.luxebc.com/bath-beauty-c970/cosmetics-makeup-c1015/mascara-c1019/real-purity-mascara-black-50-cc-p19790/s19790?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=real-purity-mascara-black-50-cc-size-0-7-x-0-7-x-4-2-inches-size-0-7-x-0-7-x-4-2-inches-rpu-00135&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CjwKEAiA2JqkBRDshIOY_9eMghkSJABvNd1Q39RZ5tk2oNm5fBapIsCF305TWeybsnK9UKA5_WGhvhoCK-Lw_wcB

DivaMinx Sun 14-Dec-14 22:41:18

If like me your eyelashes are ruined I would def recommend using Younique 3D Fiber Lash Mascara, its £23 and it actually helps your own lashes to grow using nutrients whilst giving the look of false lashes.

If you want to know more send me a PM

Maggie x

YorkshireAtHeart Mon 15-Dec-14 11:12:36

My dd is loving the bare minerals one.Its called lash dominator and my dd has tried every mascara possible but she said nothing beats this

Paperblank Mon 15-Dec-14 12:54:41

Clinique High Definition or Dior Backstage are my go-to's, as is my grandma's top beauty tip of putting a bit of Vaseline on your lashes before you go to sleep (just remember to wash it off in the morning!!)

Sorry to you Younique Ladies, but I really REALLY didn't like that 3D Mascara. I'd rather my lashes looked like lashes rather than fat spiders legs.

Had it not been for a dear friend who falls goes for every get rich quick scheme going I would not have touched it with a ten foot pole.

PTAblues Mon 15-Dec-14 12:59:02

I like the Max Factor 2000 calorie one. I'm allergic to most mascaras so was really pleased this one was so good.

whoneedstosleep Mon 15-Dec-14 13:03:45

The soap and glory thick and fast one is excellent for the money.
I stopped using the benefit one for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now