Talk

Advanced search

Eye Makeup Tutorial

(6 Posts)
nannynoss Mon 08-Dec-14 13:37:03

I have decided I've had enough of trying to recreate YouTube videos to get my eye makeup right. I have hooded eyes and eyeliner just never looks quite right.
Does anyone know of anywhere in London I can (cheaply) go to have someone do my eye makeup for me, and then teach me how? I don't mind spending a bit of money on a product, but I don't want to spend a fortune just on the teaching... Am I being really unrealistic?

Do beauty counters still do trials? Do you have to book in? Would somebody come to my house maybe, and go through it with me? Really don't know how it works. But I need help!

NoelleHawthorne Mon 08-Dec-14 13:38:02

yes

bobbi brown

itsbetterthanabox Thu 11-Dec-14 11:23:21

Just go to any beauty counter and ask them to show you some eye makeup looks. They are trained in makeup instruction. They will try to promote the products they use to you of course but some might be good!

Iatemyskinnyperson Thu 11-Dec-14 11:33:31

Laura mercier maybe?

Lndnmummy Thu 11-Dec-14 11:58:00

mac are fantastic for this, i was always abit intimidated by mac staff - bit young and trendy for me I thought but some of the best make up advice I have been given has been frm mac. You pay a fee but it is fully redeemable. Trish Mcevoy in selfridges and liberties are awesome too for makeup tutorials. They do half face and then you do the other half and they watch you fo it and correct you until you get it right. My dh said I looked fantastc when I got home from my appointment with them, and he isnt really into all the makeup really.

nannynoss Thu 11-Dec-14 13:38:05

Oh wow that's a good idea with the half face thing.
Can I just rock up to a beauty counter and ask for help, or should I ring first? Never really know how it works.
I did the live chat on the Bobbi brown website and the lady had so many tips, but I think I need someone to watch me doing it to see where I'm going wrong.
Love your name btw skinny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now