Talk

Advanced search

Hair styling tool help!

(6 Posts)
Sipsmith Mon 08-Dec-14 13:29:52

I have shoulder length thick wavy/curly hair which tends to be rather frizzy.
I rarely use a hair dryer, I leave it to dry naturally. I do have a Big Hair but find it takes ages and I can only ever manage to get one side to look reasonable.

I want to make my hair look a little more groomed, I would like to try and reduce this frizz and make the waves look neater!
Can anyone suggest what kind of dryer, hot brush or anything else I should buy please?

Sipsmith Mon 08-Dec-14 17:32:05

Anyone, please!

Sipsmith Tue 09-Dec-14 17:41:19

confused

Leviticus Tue 09-Dec-14 19:50:48

Serum?

Petal02 Tue 09-Dec-14 19:59:38

John Frieda Frizz Ease.

treaclesoda Tue 09-Dec-14 20:53:12

I have hair like yours. A really good hairdryer is your friend. I'm told the best of the best is Parlux, but I couldn't afford one so I bought an ETI and it is amazing. Glossy, swishy hair in no time - I have never been able to do a decent blow dry with any other hairdryer, it always went frizzy.

Then what you want is round bristle brushes - two or three small ones if you want to blow some curls into it, one big one if you want to blow it straight.

Bow dry spray (I just use cheap Supernsdrug stuff and it's fine, not sticky) and a wee tiny tiny bit of coconut oil warmed between your hands to smooth over any flyaway ends.

For blow dry technique watch YouTube videos.

These steps have taken my hair from 'dragged through a hedge backwards' to 'oh, have you been to the hairdresser?' grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now