Talk

Advanced search

Boots for short legs...

(8 Posts)
Millionprammiles Mon 08-Dec-14 13:22:21

Can anyone who has short legs (or slim calves/ankles) recommend their knee high boots?
My Aldo ones have finally died after 6 years of faithful service and I'm struggling to find any that aren't gappy round the calves and baggy round the ankles...
Ideally like to try them on in a shop rather than buy from an online retailer...

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 00:46:31

Have thin ankles/calves and I am 5' 4", so I find stretchy material ones the best.
Got these in navy from John Lewis last year and they do the job:

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-sugar-pop-below-the-knee-boots/p125898?sku=230979562&kpid=230979562&s_kenid=30a91db2-bd2c-aa89-6b45-00002ce74382&s_kwcid=106x50377&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=230979562

Heel is enough to make me a look a bit taller, can still run in them and the line is pretty flattering.

Millionprammiles Wed 10-Dec-14 09:20:51

Roja - thanks. I always worry the stretchy ones will lose their stretch and become baggy. Admit I prefer the sturdy, more rigid ones....

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 17:43:08

Understand that, I have some rigid ones too. Bit pricey but they are fab quality- leather is hard enough to stand up on their own so they don't fall down (does mean you need socks on when you break them in though). They are still a wee bit big at the top, but nothing horrendous like in high street.

I have these, bu they come in other styles and colours too www.thespanishbootcompany.co.uk/collections/spanish-riding-boots/products/spanish-riding-boots-classic-tan-leather-sole

Their size chart tells you the calf circumference as well which is helpful. The calf size is smaller the smaller the size foot you have. With these boots you do tend to need to go down a size as well, so that helps with the calf wodth.

(Stretchy ones have lasted a year without losing their elastic though btw with no sign of it giving up at all)

Micropigatadisco Wed 10-Dec-14 17:56:04

I have a pair of Russell & Bromley boots from their Children's store after reading a tip that some of their teen styles are just mini versions of what's available in the Adult shops. You can't tell and they fit perfectly on my short, skinny excuses for legs! A third of the price too smile

Millionprammiles Thu 11-Dec-14 12:16:50

Roja - thanks for that link, I'll check them out. Spanish shoes are always a good bet for small feet.

Micro - I didn't realise R&B did teen shoes, great idea! Will have a look.

I'm almost at the point of stopping short women in the street to ask them where they got their boots..

EmGee Thu 11-Dec-14 13:51:33

I am a 5'4 and have had success with boots from Russell and Bromley

and also these calf length boots also from Russell and Bromley

Not cheap and low heels but a great fit, smart looking, comfortable and can wear them with dresses/skinny jeans etc.

Twinklestein Thu 11-Dec-14 14:32:55

I only wear stretchy boots because my legs are too skinny for normal leather boots (even Duo made to measure) - and I must say - none of them have lost their stretch, even the ones I've had for 10 years.

As normal leather stretches it doesn't ping back into shape. Whereas boots that are either stretch suede or stretch material, the lycra ensures they don't lose their shape.

I get my stretch suede boots from Peter Kaiser at John Lewis, LK Bennett and Robert Clergerie, and the great thing is you can have them taken in to fit properly, by a good cobbler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now