Talk

Advanced search

Where to shop and what to buy for 13 year old dd?

(10 Posts)
lemonfairycake Mon 08-Dec-14 11:29:55

I want to buy my 13 year old dd some clothes for Christmas. I've always bought her a new outfit at Xmas but I haven't a clue what to get her this year. What are other 13 year olds wearing? Which shops are good and which shops are a no no? I can't believe how clueless I am. Boots and shoes too. What are they wearing?

Songofsixpence Mon 08-Dec-14 11:41:56

My 13 year old likes H&M, New Look, Animal and the odd bits from Top Shop

DD is all about leggings, printed T-shirts, high top Converse, Uggs and Nike Air Max and big handbags that she uses for school. Pretty much the same with all her friends

I've bought H&M leggings, a couple of printed t-shirts and some PJs from New Look 915 kids range, Nike Air Max from Sports Direct and a hoodie from Animal. She also loves those socks with the lace frills round the top - I've seen them in Matalan, Primark, Dotty P and Top Shop

Toiletries favoured here are Charlie Red, Impulse and Body shop vanilla stuff.

Bit boring, but I've learned never to deviate from The List grin

Songofsixpence Mon 08-Dec-14 11:42:40

Oh, and Hollister is a big fat no-no now thank god

marialuisa Mon 08-Dec-14 16:54:18

I think it's hard to advise without knowing your DD's usual style. Mine wouldn't wear what Song has described her DD wearing and I bet her DD wouldn't wear what mine does!

DD wears a lot of Topshop, odd bits from Urban Outfitters and Ark. She likes jeans with Chelsea boots and jumpers day-to-day and has dresses for smarter things.

Hulababy Mon 08-Dec-14 17:03:22

DD ad her friends (12/13y) like Superdry, Hollister, Jack Wills, Pink....and also mix and match with H&M, New Look, Top Shop, etc.

Samantha28 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:59:11

Song has described my 14 yo DD exactly. Down to the frilly socks .

She also likes primark fluffy PJs ( womens size 6-8) , which she changes into as soon as she gets home from school . " Loungewear " I believe it's called

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 08-Dec-14 19:05:48

My 12.6yo won't wear jeans but likes H&M leggings and Tesco jeggings.

Superdry hoodies and T Shirts
Converse, Nike
Ugg types (I won't buy her proper Uggs until her feet stop growing)

Top Shop or Dorothy Perkins for socks.

Primark PJs
New Look for tops

Occasionaly a skater skirt but only with thick tights.
No dresses grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 08-Dec-14 19:07:33

Oh and s's a size 6-8 so gets womens clothes.

Parka from Matalan ( really snug ) smile
Superdry waterproof for school

Thankfully, no Hollister (I'd struggle with the dark)

lemonfairycake Tue 09-Dec-14 13:57:43

I think that's the problem I'm having. She doesn't have a style yet but everything I buy for her is wrong. Song, I think you're describing exactly what her friends are wearing. She has the big handbag for school. She likes ugg style boots. I even asked about socks this morning and she said ankle socks with frills. At least I have some ideas for Christmas now. I'll be a cool mum after all smile Thank you ladies.x

Songofsixpence Wed 10-Dec-14 09:40:00

What about an H&M gift card or something.

Not the most exciting present in the world, but my DD loves getting the cards. We go out for the day and have a spend up and a nice lunch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now