Talk

Advanced search

Sore eyes from concealer - is there any brand that won't irritate?

(4 Posts)
Jemster Sun 07-Dec-14 18:34:02

Every so often lately my eyes really sting and feel irritated. I thought perhaps it was my clinique eye cream and or concealer getting in my eyes and irritating them.
Today I tried out a benefit concealer and after a few hours the same thing has happened. They are so sore I just keep rubbing them.

Just wondered if anyone else had found this and if so what concealer/eye make up do you use that doesn't irritate?

Hassled Sun 07-Dec-14 18:36:27

How close to your eyes are you using the concealer? Do you generally have very sensitive skin? I always leave enough of a gap (probable millimetres, though) that I don't run any risk of getting it in my eye - is it an application problem, maybe?

Jemster Sun 07-Dec-14 18:40:11

Thanks, I did think that with the clinique one as it was spreading very close to my lash line when I applied it. But today the lady on the counter applied it, I'm not sure how close she put it. I do have quite sensitive skin but never really sensitive eyes before. I don't want to keep spending money on products if they irritate me.

clayspaniel Sun 07-Dec-14 18:47:35

I had this problem after using Clinique for a few years so stopped using it completely. Now use No7 for eyeliner, eye shadow and mascara and No7 eye cream and the problem is much better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now