Talk

Advanced search

Serum help please

(16 Posts)
izzybizzybuzzybees Sun 07-Dec-14 15:54:34

I'm 30 with combination skin. I used clarins skincare for years and then elemis for a while. I've ran out of both and after reading lots of good reviews on here decided to venture into the work do superdrug skincare.

So far I love the vitamin e hot cloth cleanser and a few of the other products I find are good too. I'm looking to invest in a serum which will add onto the vitamin e range and help with some of my new skincare concerns like aging. There seem to be tons out there and I'm lost. Please help!

UncrushedParsley Sun 07-Dec-14 16:42:09

No 7 serums are highly rated, though to be honest, on my combination skin I don't notice any difference if I use it or not. Or if there is a difference it is not visible to my eyes!

izzybizzybuzzybees Sun 07-Dec-14 17:41:41

Thanks parsley. Anyone else have one they love? Or even one to avoid before either get mauled at the beauty counters ;)

ClaudiaNaughton Sun 07-Dec-14 20:21:25

I love the M&S serum.

mowglik Sun 07-Dec-14 20:27:13

Love aldi lacura multi something serum (can't remember name)..very cheap and amazing on my combination skin

BlairBass Sun 07-Dec-14 20:30:21

I always liked the Clinique laser focus serum... But now use estelle & thild sensitive oil and love happy hunting!

bluebump Sun 07-Dec-14 20:35:05

I like the Aldi one too, I use the one for dehydrated skin. It's a purse friendly £3.49 if I remember right.

Only1scoop Sun 07-Dec-14 20:36:27

I use the ysl forever one after recommended on here....it's fab.

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 07-Dec-14 20:38:56

I like origins perfect world serum. I really notice if I don't use it.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 07-Dec-14 20:45:50

Soap & Glory but the pump is a tad tempremental.

I have one at the moment and I know there's product in there but it is very contrary as to whether it'll work.

I have the No7 Advent Calender which has got some skin care so I might do an intensive treatment over a few days before Christmas and if I like it, get the bigger sizes.

izzybizzybuzzybees Sun 07-Dec-14 21:32:11

I tried the aldi one but wasn't impressed. I like the look of Estée Lauder advanced night repair but not sure why I'm drawn to it.

calzone Sun 07-Dec-14 21:33:47

What is serum for and does it go on before or after moisturiser?

BrokenCircleBreakdown Sun 07-Dec-14 21:49:58

Vinosource SOS serum is fantastic. I have combination skin and it keeps it amazingly hydrated and so soft

TheMD Sun 07-Dec-14 22:12:13

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum is really lovely and has been recommended by both Sali Hughes and Caroline Hirons. It is quite heavily fragranced which might cause problems for sensitive skins although the fragrance evaporates very quickly due to presence of alcohol. Paula (of the Choice fame) doesn't rate it but then again that seems to be the case with everything recommended by the aforementioned beauty writers/experts.

I use this serum and it feels lovely and hydrating on my face but I'm 28 with no visible wrinkles (some faint lines though) and no actual skin concerns/issues.

ClaudiaNaughton Mon 08-Dec-14 07:09:40

Serum goes on before moisturiser.

Shop Mon 08-Dec-14 09:36:57

I haven't tried it yet but Superdrug have brought out a vitamin e serum and a few other products to the range - micellar water & cleansing oil.

They've also brought out a new range aimed at problem & ageing skin called Clearly Youthful with AHAs & BHAs which has a day and a night serum in and half price at the moment smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now