Talk

Advanced search

Holiday packing help!

(4 Posts)
RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 07-Dec-14 11:54:43

Hoping the lovely S&B'ers can help me pack my suitcase please! DH and I are going on honeymoon over Christmas - very generous in laws have paid for our trip smile

We are spending 9 nights in Mexico, near Cancun. A couple of days diving, a sightseeing tour or two (chichen itza etc) and general beach and rivers type days.

Then we are flying up to New York and spending 3 nights there (inc NYE) before flying back. Planning on going to Times Square for the midnight bit, doing some sightseeing and going ice skating.

I haven't been to either of these places and I know the temperatures will be drastically different... What on earth do I pack?!

specialsubject Sun 07-Dec-14 14:07:30

that is certainly a big temperature difference!

for the hot bit: rash vest and boardshorts for use whenever you are swimming/diving, bikini for on the beach (obviously stay in the shade). cover ups for evening against insects. One fleece for air con/the plane. Flip flops, gallons of sunscreen, insect repellent. Whatever you wear in the evening (it is NOT necessary to take a different outfit for each night!)

for sightseeing: comfortable trainers/walking shoes (not boots, too hot), big hat, cool cotton stuff such as t-shirts, long-ish shorts. The trainers/shoes will then work in New York.

for NY: layers of fleece, warm hat, gloves, scarf if you like, waterproof coat/jacket. Warm trousers (not jeans!) for the ice-skating, thermals underneath. Probably thermals at all times anyway!

enjoy!

RevealTheHiddenBeach Sun 07-Dec-14 17:17:24

Thank you! This may be a silly question, but I was thinking, is NY really fashionable and will I feel crap in tourist clothes? Obviously I want to be warm, but also don't want to feel scruffy if everyone else is dressed up!

Petal02 Sun 07-Dec-14 17:21:25

NY is very casual, I expected it to be very Carrie Bradshaw, but it wasn't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now