Talk

Advanced search

Is this suitable for a birthday lunch/party?

(11 Posts)
TheCunnyFunt Sun 07-Dec-14 11:24:56

We're going to a 70th birthday lunch at the weekend and I haven't a thing to wear. This is my only nice dress. Is it ok for a birthday lunch? Which shoes and bag should I use? My mum has worried me slightly by saying as it's a lunch I shouldn't wear anything sparkly or anything that could be considered eveningy fconfused

Trills Sun 07-Dec-14 11:28:10

If your mum has sad "not sparkly" then maybe don't choose the glitter shoes or she'll think you're doing it on purpose. grin

TheCunnyFunt Sun 07-Dec-14 11:34:52

Oh balls. Thought this one had got lost in cyber space so I rewrote it hence the second thread fblush

Meant to add that she said no sparkles but she ordered a load of clothes online to try out and when they arrived the only things that were right was a sparkly top and cardigan fhmm

TheCunnyFunt Sun 07-Dec-14 18:30:16

Bump?

Shadow1986 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:33:52

Definitely the black accessories as sparkly too much for daytime IMO.

And a black cardigan or jacket as bare arms again quite evening ish too IMO, not to mention it's December and bloody freezing :-) . Hope you have a lovely lunch

dexter73 Sun 07-Dec-14 18:43:47

As it is nearly Christmas I think sparkles at lunch time are fine! I love sparkles so often wear them.

ClaudiaNaughton Sun 07-Dec-14 20:18:56

Yes, agree near Christmas time it looks spot on. Lovely dress. Black shoes look perfect. You'll look greatfsmile

TheCunnyFunt Mon 08-Dec-14 18:06:22

Ok so sparkly or black?

I reported my accidental second thread and asked for it to be deleted, had a lovely message back off Olivia who reckons I should go with sparkles fsmile

BlueGreenHazelGreen Mon 08-Dec-14 18:08:44

I think it's very pretty. If I was wearing a black cardy I'd probably go for the black shoes.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 08-Dec-14 18:09:57

I'd go for black too - though either look lovely smile

Floisme Mon 08-Dec-14 18:13:31

It's December so wearing sparkles is the law. I wouldn't worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now