Talk

Advanced search

Attention workwear S&Bers - behold, the business tiara

(21 Posts)
StainlessSteelBegonia Sun 07-Dec-14 08:38:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArthurShappey Sun 07-Dec-14 08:43:37

Hmmmm... I still have a kind of tiara thing that I wore at my wedding. Should I dust it off ready for work tomorrow. The one in the main picture doesn't look like a tiara, it looks like a headband.

whattheseithakasmean Sun 07-Dec-14 08:46:49

The pictures don't look like what I would call a 'tiara'. They are sparkly Alice bands. I think they look a bit rubbish, in any case - but then, I am no fan of an Alice band on an adult woman (find on little girls - adorable, in fact).

MarshaBrady Sun 07-Dec-14 08:48:45

Yep more a sparkly headband. Which I still wouldn't wear.

TheHappinessTrap Sun 07-Dec-14 09:14:24

I agree that's not a tiara. Its a nice Alice band. I think tiaras have to have some, if small, hight.

Trills Sun 07-Dec-14 09:33:03

What do you do with headlines ending in a question mark?

1 - that's not a tiara
2 - you do not look polished and put together

StainlessSteelBegonia Sun 07-Dec-14 10:10:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

santamarianovella Sun 07-Dec-14 11:08:28

Sorry but she looks silly,

My job doesn't require me to dress up very formally, can get away with jeans if I have no clients or meeting, but I seriously doubt people will think I'm polished and put together if I showed up in one.

Trills Sun 07-Dec-14 11:23:19

If they could just say "shiny hair things are not just for children and weddings" they might have a point.

But that's not a business tiara.

bigkidsdidit Sun 07-Dec-14 11:30:20

Even if you were a busy executive how much time does it take to put a tiara on before your gala confused

FrancesFarmer Sun 07-Dec-14 12:43:20

They are headbands. I've always found headbands very uncomfortable to wear - am I the only one?

Nope, it's just a sparkly headband. I like the look of them (not for work) but can't wear them because they are all too big for my head! Also, they are a look for bright young things, not middle aged women, sadly.

EdithWeston Sun 07-Dec-14 12:47:54

Um, Cleopatra wore the pharaonic crown of Egypt on her head, not a tiara. Lady Gaga and Madonna aren't really office-wear role models, and what you wear to a wrap party isn't what you wear to the office. And what they are describing seems to be a selection of glittery headbands not tiaras.

Apart from that, the article's fine.

noddyholder Sun 07-Dec-14 14:06:35

I wear a lot of hairbands with my hair up like that but they are plain black

samesizetoes Sun 07-Dec-14 18:14:36

I wear head bands and tiaras almost everyday and have done since I was a teenager. Plain, sparkly or otherwise. I like them and think they suit me.

Its just another accessory to wear with your outfit/clothes.

ArthurShappey Mon 08-Dec-14 07:24:43

Well my tiara is firmly on ready for my appraisal this morning! ;)

Doobigetta Mon 08-Dec-14 20:42:05

Well, if this is ok, I'm going to carry my Little Lady Business Barbie pink glittery briefcase tomorrow.

ChippyMinton Mon 08-Dec-14 20:49:12

This is a real thing?
I saw a woman on the tube this afternoon wearing a sparkly headband betwixt her forehead and hairline, disappearing into a roll at the back. My first thought was that she'd had a up-do ready for an evening event but it wasn't 'done' and polished enough to be that.
She was wearing a business suit and knee boots.

Lambzig Mon 08-Dec-14 21:06:47

If Elsa has taught us nothing else, surely it's that throwing your tiara away is the route to independence, happiness and success in errrr, ice skating.

HermioneWeasley Mon 08-Dec-14 21:12:19

Agree, they are fancy hair bands

RojaGato Wed 10-Dec-14 00:42:15

I prefer sparkly cat ears myself.

If you are going to dress like you are 4 and you don't give a hoot what anyone thinks, you'd be as well go the whole hog.

Plus some sparkly fairy wings too. Today I am the flying fairy kitten.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: