Talk

Advanced search

UGG boots

(24 Posts)
IsItMeOr Sat 06-Dec-14 21:24:19

Having resisted UGG boots thus far, the cold weather is tempting me to get some.

I want them to wear with jeans, so I was thinking of the button bailey in either navy or purple.

Please can you lovely people help me track them down for the best price?

I've seen the navy on the UGG website for £160, and Quidco has 12% cashback - so I think that's just over £140 with free delivery. Is that about right, or should I wait for sales?

Thanks!

karinmaria Sat 06-Dec-14 21:32:00

You'll have a flurry of people telling you ugg boots are awful etc. but I do love them. Personally I wouldn't spend the money on the Bailey style - I have recently returned my second pair of Bailey boots and swapped them for a plain pair as my toes wore through the top of the boot within a couple of months shockconfused the Bailey boot just doesn't seem as high quality as the traditional plain boot.

Brand alley sometimes has uggs on offer at around £120-130 but you'd need to 1) sign up and receive loads of annoying emails 2) get lucky in a flash sale. Plus they'd be non-returnable...

Gem124 Sat 06-Dec-14 23:40:10

I LOVE uggs!! I have bailey buttons in tan and gray and they've lasted me years. Worth every penny xx

TheAwfulDaughter Sat 06-Dec-14 23:41:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BuggersMuddle Sun 07-Dec-14 00:08:32

I have the Noira ones which are leather so can be waterproofed (albeit it needs doing fairly regularly, but I live in Scotland).

I bought them from Brand Alley 2 or 3 years ago (not exactly sure) and I love them. Sexy they are not, but lovely and toasty plus really comfy. I've worn them to death and thy are holding up really well.

pootlebug Sun 07-Dec-14 11:43:15

Can I put in a suggestion to look at Celtic & Co too? I have owned both Uggs and Celtic boots and IMO the Celtic ones are better quality.

RiojaHaze Sun 07-Dec-14 11:46:48

Kurt Geiger were doing 15% off everything including uggs plus free delivery a couple of days ago.

HollyJollyDillydolly Sun 07-Dec-14 20:09:05

I like mine, they're 3 years old now but still in great condition - no dodgy collapsed ankles etc.

rusmum Sun 07-Dec-14 21:34:34

I love my kensongtons, and they do t spoil in the rain bonus. Got on e bay from a us seller se were a good deal

mswibble Sun 07-Dec-14 21:39:45

I have navy classics, they were £90 from Coggles. I would usually have chosen black or chestnut but im actually really glad I have the navy. Go well with my wardobe of mainly blues, greys and greens.

IsItMeOr Sun 07-Dec-14 22:26:48

Thanks everybody.

I think I will try to get to a John Lewis and try some on.

I don't really wear black, so navy is my equivalent of black iyswim.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 08-Dec-14 13:14:32

I have a pair of bailey bling and i only wear them at home as they feel like slippers (they just have a sparkly button rather than plain button), but I have ankle and biker boots by ugg and they are fab, lovely sheepskin insole so nice and warm.

these are lovely very comfortable www.uggaustralia.co.uk/finney/1005432.html?dwvar_1005432_color=STT#start=60&cgid=women-boots

these are great as well, look fab with trousers, or skinny jeans, or straight leg jeans www.jakeshoes.co.uk/item/ugg-australia/emalie-wedge-ankle-boots/1HMZ4#.VIWjr6VyaUk

I love these ones, I only ordered them to try on to see if they go in the sales but I cant bear to return them. I have them on now. www.jakeshoes.co.uk/item/ugg-australia/dahlen-knee-boots/1HN2G#.VIWj96VyaUk

WellTidy Mon 08-Dec-14 15:37:02

I have Ugg triple bailey buttons in grey. I love them. Really comfy and warm and imo grey goes with everything I own.

I bought the bailey triplet ones as they were the only tallish ones that I could get over my calves. I have small feet (size 3) and didn't realise that my calves were proportionately enormous until I couldn't pull up the normal tall Ugg boots.

I bought mine from Office when they did 20% off.

RonaldMcDonald Mon 08-Dec-14 15:43:41

I think that they are a fashion abomination unless you wear them indoors only when they become quite nice as slippers

leedy Mon 08-Dec-14 15:49:02

I hate the Bailey-style slippery ones, but like HelpGetMe... have a pair of their fleece-lined biker boots and LOVE them:
www.uggaustralia.co.uk/grandle/1004133.html?dwvar_1004133_color=JAV#start=12&cgid=women-weather-ready

Actually most of their "normal" boots are really nice and don't scream "UGGS" in a cankly fashion...

leedy Mon 08-Dec-14 15:50:31

HelpGetMe..., are those wedge ones comfortable? I'm kind of tempted by them.

bryonyelf Mon 08-Dec-14 15:59:13

Emu boots are the today's special value on QvC. 3 easy payments as well. 30 days to wear and return if not happy.

chdmum2491 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:38:39

a website called mandmdirect do uggs, not fakes either !

dexter73 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:44:15

I'm thinking of buying a pair from the Harrods website on Thursday as they have 30% off in their sale preview if you have a rewards card.

everythingsgoingsouth Mon 08-Dec-14 18:53:19

anyone have the emus? they look awfully wide up the leg.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 08-Dec-14 18:56:51

Leedy- the wedges are comfortable. I don't find them too high. The soles are not too hard so not hard on your feet as you walk.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 08-Dec-14 19:16:23

QVC have Emus on today (as a Today Special Value) and they do waterproof ones.

No idea of the fit but the newer ones are narrower and more fitting ( before they said go down a size, not with the new ones)

Hoppinggreen Mon 08-Dec-14 20:26:57

I would suggest Celtic and co as well.
Mine are 3 years old and look like new after a wool wash in the machine.

hauntedhenry Mon 08-Dec-14 20:33:10

I have emus - they're heavier than uggs. I preferred my uggs tbh, but the emus were a lot cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now