Talk

Advanced search

Cheap skin/hair care products - any recommendations?

(16 Posts)
enviousllama Sat 06-Dec-14 19:07:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OneLittleLady Sat 06-Dec-14 19:22:10

Face wash and moisturiser wise, superdrug vit e is really nice and non irritating. I have very dry and sensitive skin and they are the best products ive tried and i have tried things at many price points from cheap to expensive

dangerrabbit Sat 06-Dec-14 19:39:40

I use:
Johnson's baby shampoo and conditioner (has less additives than adult shampoo)
Cetaphil for my face
Nivea creme as moisturiser
Original source mint shower gel

TheSpottedZebra Sat 06-Dec-14 19:47:47

I came to say the Superdrug range too. I really like the Naturally Radiant cleansing balm. The vit E one is lovely too, but a bit too rich for my skin. How the vit E sserum is lovely.

Shower gel just buy whatever is on BOGOF but use body lotion too.i like the NiveNivea moisturising ones, not drying at all. Bubble bath, and lying about in hot water, is dreadful for dry sensitive skin.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 06-Dec-14 20:37:49

Warning about vit e range at superdrug me and another MNer have used it and broke out in spots!

TeaAddict235 Sat 06-Dec-14 20:45:12

Aldi do a great daily facial cream with Spf15 or something in it. it's really rich and moisturising. I think that it is under £2.00

For shampoos& conditioners, check out your local Poundland/world; they often have good brands and you can often get some great brands (Kevin Murphy, Oriflame, etc) for a quid.

For body lotions, again try the pound shops. These may be in other languages (good for learning another language), but will still be worth it.

I could be wrong, but I don't find that Lidl does anything spectacular in way of body care. They USED to do an amazing silicone free conditioner before 2009 but have discontinued that to the chagrin of my locks hush hush but it was under a pound and my hair was the bees knees back then

ShinyToyBuns Sat 06-Dec-14 21:06:16

Aldi Lacura face cream - amazing stuff and dirt cheap!!

Cetaphil or Aqueous cream as a cleanser.

Aldi coconut shampoo and conditioner, again brilliant stuff and so cheap!

Aldi shower gels, they do a rip off original source vanilla and raspberry one which is lush smile

Home bargains for their coconut body butter for a quid smile

december12 Sat 06-Dec-14 21:10:41

Aqueous cream and a warm flannel for cleanser and Simple moisturiser (also available at Lidl) here. In a previous life, when I had a lot more spare cash, I spent £££ on face products but I've never had better skin than I do now.

We use the Lidl cream soap in the shower. It comes in a pump bottle which means everyone DC use far less than when given free reign with a squeezy shower gel bottle.

RojaGato Sun 07-Dec-14 07:00:29

My mum used to swear by the Boots essentials fragrance free cleanser, toner and moisturiser.

WildBillfemale Sun 07-Dec-14 09:05:38

Boots essentials fragrance free face wash - don't knock it til you've tried it.

I will happily splash out on Dermalogica/Eve Lom etc but this face wash is as good as any pricier range I've used.

missmartha Sun 07-Dec-14 09:52:02

I use Aldi face cream, it suits my face fine and I really like it. I also use Aldi face wash. My skin looks great and I find it as good as any more expensive ones I've used.

I have used their shower gels and only use the posh one i do at the moment is because it was a pressie. I'd use Aldi all the way otherwise.

I buy a big tub of coconut oil from an Indian supermarket near me, It costs £2.99 and is excellent as a hair masque, body oil and a night time face cream. You can even take your make up off with it.

flux500 Sun 07-Dec-14 10:24:07

Argon/Moroccon oil shampoo and conditioner from home bargains at £1 each (usually) and its really nice! Also they sometimes sell the actual Moroccon oil stuff for £1 for the same size as I used to buy at £20 from the salon and the ingredients are identical.

Original Source and Radox for cheap bath and shower stuff. Usually on offer for around a pound and both as good or better than lots of the expensive stuff.

enviousllama Sun 07-Dec-14 13:27:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bunbaker Sun 07-Dec-14 15:07:06

I don't use shower gel. I just use soap.

I love the Superdrug Naturally Radiant skincare range. The vitamin E is too rich for my skin though.

chanie44 Sun 07-Dec-14 17:09:09

I used to use the superdrug hot cloth cleanser, but it brought me out in spots.

I now use the body shop aloe range, which is for sensitive skin. It does work out expensive, but there is always an offer code knocking around.

I buy the aldi bubble bath. My children have been known to poor the whole bottle in the bath. It's under £1 for a huge bottle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now