Talk

Advanced search

Babyliss big hair is it worth the money?

(20 Posts)
Sunflower6 Sat 06-Dec-14 15:36:42

I would like to buy a hot air styler to curl my hair under like my hairdresser does it. Is the babyliss big hair worth the money or is there something similar on the market that's as good for less money?

msrisotto Sat 06-Dec-14 15:43:05

It's not worth it IMO. Just a really poor heat and pressure for something that's supposed to dry your hair. I guess you're supposed to almost dry your hair with a regular hair dryer before finishing it off with the big hair thing. Mines gathering dust, if you're in the birmingham/solihull area we could do a deal!

Bragadocia Sat 06-Dec-14 15:50:27

It's a great piece of kit. I often wash my hair at night and let it dry naturally, then give it two mins with the Big Hair in the morning. Gets my fringe to do the proper side slanty thing, and tucks the rest of the hair under and makes it a bit swingy. I haven't tried to emulate a salon finish with it though.

Mouthfulofquiz Sat 06-Dec-14 15:51:05

I agree, it's pretty good. I tend to let my hair dry naturally a bit first and then finish off with the Big Hair.

Holdthepage Sat 06-Dec-14 15:53:29

Doesn't work for me, a complete waste of money.

katienana Sat 06-Dec-14 15:57:41

I love mine my hair is thick and long and it gives a lovely bounce and volume. I let it dry naturally a bit first then section it off to dry. takes 20 minutes think that is pretty good really.

Chottie Sat 06-Dec-14 15:59:40

I love it too. I wash my hair and let it dry naturally while I'm putting on my make-up. I spritz my hair with blow dry spray and use BB to finish off. My hair is bouncy and swingy.

cece Sat 06-Dec-14 16:00:09

I love mine. Whenever I use it someone asks me if I have been to the hairdressers.

Chloe01mum Sat 06-Dec-14 16:00:37

I love it, I have a chin length graduated bob type style and it makes it lovely and bouncy. My hair always looks the same when on a night out as it's too short to do anything with but this makes it look great and a bit different from usual

PulpsNotFiction Sat 06-Dec-14 16:25:57

Love mine. If you have naturally curly hair which tends to frizz, it's just great. Big bouncy curls. Works well if you apply some serum first, I use macadamia oil.

stoopstofolly Sat 06-Dec-14 16:28:28

Love mine! A Big Hair blow dry lasts a good few days- takes longer to do initially, but saves time overall!

emilyofnewmoon Sat 06-Dec-14 16:32:56

Absolutely no difference to using a hair dryer and a brush. Was very disappointed with it. I now use Velcro rollers and find them great plus you can get on with things whilst your hair is drying.

NoelleHawthorne Sat 06-Dec-14 17:00:12

i have below shoulder length
Got it - was meh. now use it LOADS and dont straighten at all

blow dry till near as dammit dry - then swoosh

NoelleHawthorne Sat 06-Dec-14 17:03:57

you leave your hair for days?
ew- doesn't it stink?

babybarrister Sat 06-Dec-14 18:23:32

It is great but yes you do need to dry it first at least partly

Iatemyskinnyperson Sat 06-Dec-14 18:28:19

Love mine. Makes my hair smooth and bouncy. I use it loads

Flibbertyjibbet Sat 06-Dec-14 18:35:18

It's exactly the same as using a hairdryer and a bristle brush. I have a wide diameter bristle brush and if I blow dry my hair with the brush up or away from my head, turning as I blow it, I get the big bouncy look which lasts for days.

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 06-Dec-14 18:35:30

Love mine.

Llareggub Sat 06-Dec-14 18:39:01

I love mine. I've had similar products but the baby bliss big hair is the best.

MissBeehiving Sat 06-Dec-14 18:44:49

I love mine - was never able to do the twirly brush thing especially at the back. Makes it shiny and swingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now