Talk

Advanced search

Going blonde??

(9 Posts)
Angelhairscruff Sat 06-Dec-14 08:34:08

I have light brown hair, essentially a dull mousy colour I suppose. I am thinking of going blond but I've never dyed my hair blond before and am wondering if the upkeep might be too much. Can anyone advise me how high maintenance this might be? The blond I'm thinking of is quite a warm honey blond, nothing platinum or too ashy. Tia.

peasandlove Sat 06-Dec-14 08:42:49

can you afford a half head of highlights every six weeks? that's the only way to really have good hair in my opinion. Dying it yourself will usually never get the natural look

Angelhairscruff Sat 06-Dec-14 08:51:46

Hmm. I'd rather not spend a lot but I suppose price per wear is very good when it comes to hair! Maybe I'll ask my hairdresser about it when I next go, thanks

afterthought Sat 06-Dec-14 09:06:14

I have this. I find I need it re-done every 5-6 weeks - and that is with a very light blonde (I have no idea what shade it is!). I use the special purple shampoos a couple of times per week to stop it going brassy - not sure if that would be a problem with your shade. The shampoo isn't expensive - about £3 for a bottle that lasts a few months.

Angelhairscruff Sat 06-Dec-14 09:09:40

Thanks After. I think i need something to lift this mousy brown so I reckon I'll give it a go

peasandlove Sat 06-Dec-14 09:19:46

just ask for a couple of different shades to give texture. I get a lighter blonde and a more honey one and it looks pretty good (I have very very dark roots where im not grey)

Angelhairscruff Sat 06-Dec-14 10:24:26

Good idea, thanks

liviadrusilla Sat 06-Dec-14 19:57:25

I'm watching with interest as I'm a dark blonde considering lightening it up a bit - do let us know how it goes!

carlywurly Sat 06-Dec-14 20:54:39

I'd start with a really light sprinkling of highlights a shade or two lighter than your natural colour and see how you go.

I had loads of ashy blonde highlights at one point and the upkeep was horrific, especially in winter. I've darkened it right down now and it's so much easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now