Talk

Advanced search

Nice handwash for downstairs loo

(67 Posts)
MATB1 Fri 05-Dec-14 19:17:30

We've just redecorated our downstairs loo and I'm after a nice handwash that isn't too pricey DD1 has a thing about squirting it all out but is a bit different to the norm. Any suggestions?

bonhomme Fri 05-Dec-14 19:21:25

I used to get Molton Brown but tbh, the orange one in Aldi is just as nice. Maybe buy a cheaper one but decant into a nicer container - can anyone really tell the difference?

Boomtownsurprise Fri 05-Dec-14 19:22:21

Baylis and Harding

Same smells as molten brown but about a quarter of the price. In tesco and asda for certs

Boomtownsurprise Fri 05-Dec-14 19:24:30

Looks the same too bar name.

bonhomme Fri 05-Dec-14 19:24:55

Yes, the Aldi ones are very similar to Baylis and Harding

Rinkydinkypink Fri 05-Dec-14 19:25:30

Get yourself to tk max. Milton and brown, l'occtaine, Yorkshire soap company, Scottish soap company. Cow shed etc There are loads!

bonhomme Fri 05-Dec-14 19:26:04

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/product-range/health-beauty/aqua-v/abbott-broome-product-detail-page/ps/p/luxurious-handwash/

www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/baylis-amp-harding-sweet-mandarin-amp-grapefruit-hand-wash-500ml-17900

RoganJosh Fri 05-Dec-14 19:28:18

If you're used to Molton Brown you may find B&H a step too far. It's £2 for 500ml, often on offer for £1 (MB is £16 for 300ml so a massive difference).
I've had nice ones from TKMaxx.
I also really like the radox Lime one. It's not expensive, but very lime-y. You'd need to decant it though.

fanjobiscuits Fri 05-Dec-14 19:28:37

Neil's Yard are lovely and not cheap but not as expensive as molton brown

UncrushedParsley Fri 05-Dec-14 19:32:33

Or get yourself a fairly plain cheaper one, then add a few drops of an essential oil that you like (obs) from Holland & Barret or somewhere.

bonhomme Fri 05-Dec-14 19:33:37

There's no discernible difference between Molton Brown and B&H and the Aldi ones .. apart from the price!

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Fri 05-Dec-14 19:45:55

I find the pale yellow Baylis and Harding one very drying although I like the packaging - and I also don't like that it's widely known that it's a very cheap MB rip-off! I'd rather use a Tesco own fancy one than B and H now.

I second TK Maxx, they always have loads of lovely looking hand wash by recognisably good brands, huge sizes with good discounts. I tend to swing by there if we're having house guests often.

bonhomme Fri 05-Dec-14 19:50:38

Well I find all hand washes drying, including Molton Brown, so there is no difference for me.

I would decant anyway into a nicer bottle - unless it is important that guests see an exclusive brand name.

BatonRouge Fri 05-Dec-14 19:50:57

Best hand-wash I've used is Bramley from a small company in Wiltshire. Divine smell of lavender and Lemongrass. Everyone comments on how lovely it is. MB is over rated in my opinion.

www.bramleyproducts.co.uk/shop/product_details.php?pid=2

bluebump Fri 05-Dec-14 19:57:33

I like the Aldi moss one, it's lovely.

OttiliaVonBCup Fri 05-Dec-14 19:59:30

I only use soap because I hate all the plastic bottles and decanters and soap comes wrapped in nice paper with is recycled.

NotMrsTumble Fri 05-Dec-14 20:16:04

Champney citrus blush hand-wash. Usually on 3 for 2 in boots, smells like Christmas.

polyhymnia Fri 05-Dec-14 20:22:44

I get one of the White Company ones -Verveine - though WC stuff is perhaps a bit of a cliche in this leafy suburb.

Greengardenpixie Fri 05-Dec-14 20:52:27

er at first glance i read..nice handwash for downstairs too..oh dear!!!

mipmop Fri 05-Dec-14 20:55:15

Method (£3) or Waitrose own brand (£1)

Raeray Fri 05-Dec-14 21:00:55

Carex complete - limited edition...cola bottles!
Not probably classy enough for your lovely loo- But smells lovely grin

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Fri 05-Dec-14 21:13:07

Now I know MN can be very eye opening in these matters, so can I ask a question? I think decanting hand wash is a bit chavvy, putting it into a container that probably matches a loo brush grin

Amirite?

temporaryusername Fri 05-Dec-14 21:17:35

I find handwashes very drying unless you get sulphate free ones...Avalon ones are lovely if a bit of treat. Faith in nature don't look as good but are also gentle. Or a bottle of Dr Bronner's liquid soap.

temporaryusername Fri 05-Dec-14 21:18:43

That Bramley site is gorgeous.

Dollyemi Fri 05-Dec-14 21:21:20

Liz Earle do a nice one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now