Talk

Advanced search

Sephora in UK and Ireland

(21 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Fri 05-Dec-14 18:30:52

Could we start a Mumsnet Style and Beauty petition to ask Sephora to open up in the UK and Ireland smile ?
I don't understand why they don't.
To my knowledge it is owned by whoever owns Louis Vuitton etc.
It's only a hop ,skip and a jump from France to the UK.
Mystifying why they don't have stores in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Belfast and Dublin.

Arven Fri 05-Dec-14 18:33:03

there's one in the st stephen's green centre though, isn't there confused

Arven Fri 05-Dec-14 18:35:17

no, having looked on line, I am wrong, ignore me, it's another perfume shop with the same colour scheme.

HaPPy8 Fri 05-Dec-14 18:55:33

They used to be here as there was one in Southampton but it closed down.

nannyj Fri 05-Dec-14 19:18:04

They used to have one in Brent Cross in North London but it closed down a few years ago. I love Sephora!

chanie44 Fri 05-Dec-14 19:20:38

There was also one in bluewater shopping centre.

darksideofthemooncup Fri 05-Dec-14 19:22:26

There was one in Watford too, I want it back!

hollyisalovelyname Fri 05-Dec-14 19:58:03

I want one in Dublin.
PLEASE

Beautydiva Fri 05-Dec-14 20:34:38

There was one in Kingston Upon Thames . Miss that hmm

MorrisZapp Fri 05-Dec-14 20:39:04

Sod that, I'm cheap.

Let's get a Rite-Aid.

5446 Sat 06-Dec-14 03:18:32

Sephora delivers online to the UK now.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 06-Dec-14 08:28:25

That's great they do delivery but It's not the same though.
Just going into a Sephora and seeing the vast range available to 'test' and compare is a great shopping experience. smile

Fabulassie Sat 06-Dec-14 09:13:22

I guess if they closed their UK shops it was for a reason. Very sad.

I'll never forget the time I discovered them in Paris. I was gobsmacked. I was in Heaven. And a sales assistant who asked where I was from (San Francisco) told me that an SF store would be opening that year - the first in the US. Sure enough, they did! It was just so awesome.

MorrisZapp Sat 06-Dec-14 09:27:20

Yup, lots of chat re ordering from US Sephora on Sali Hughes website. The postage, customs etc virtually wipe out savings. Also there are some brands they don't ship at all.

Leviticus Sat 06-Dec-14 09:33:02

Yes the one near me closed after just a couple of years. I think if they tried again they'd be successful. I think we're much more into buying make up than we were ten years ago.

santamarianovella Sat 06-Dec-14 09:58:41

No one quite knows why they closed, they just mysteriously pulled out of the UK market,mostly blaming high rents.

It would be interesting to see how they perform in the uk market again, which is a very difficult market to break into,
I think ,places like boots are more popular, they don't carry a lot of perfume and makeup like sephora does though, but then you have places like JL ,etc to fill other gaps.

Fabulassie Sat 06-Dec-14 11:07:52

Nothing comes close to Sephora. I suppose Space NK is the closest in terms of being a cosmetics shop that sells brands you don't see everywhere, but it's absolutely nothing like.

Department stores are OK but Sephora was just awesome because they had EVERYTHING at all price points. At least, that was what I experienced 15 years ago in San Francisco and Paris.

mswibble Sat 06-Dec-14 11:33:34

I was all excited when I discovered that Sephora shipped to the UK and gaily filled my basket with loads of goodies. But by the time I went to checkout around 75% of my items couldn't be shipped out of the US. The bargainous Marc Jacobs fragrance sets, super cheap Nars palettes and the Olsen twins fragrances (not one to buy 'celeb' scents but the YouTube peeps all rave about them), etc etc. I think in the end I was left with some eyelash curlers, hair bands and a Kat Von D eyeliner! Didn't bother going ahead with it.
Whenever I travel I always look if they have a Sephora, my last one was in Moscow but it was far too expensive in roubles.

santamarianovella Sat 06-Dec-14 11:46:17

I go to France,(Paris ,and south) regularly, but a sephora trip is never on my "to do list" , too noisy and crowded, there is absolutely no pleasure in a trip to the champs élysées store.

I'm not a huge makeup fanatic,so maybe I'm not the right person to say this, but I honestly don't think the uk is missing much. It was a clever concept,15 years ago, but now almost every possible makeup brand imaginable is available on the high street,

And you have to remember, that some brands like smashbox ..etc, were only available through sephora in France, i think that a lot are still exclusive to sephora. but that is not the case in the uk.

5446 Sun 07-Dec-14 07:09:14

I live in a country with multiple Sephoras but nothing compares to Boots.

Wishtoremainunknown Sun 07-Dec-14 12:18:07

I miss sephora.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now