Talk

Advanced search

best shampoo for dandruff?

(10 Posts)
FlappertyFlippers Fri 05-Dec-14 14:41:34

I have dandruff. Not just little gentle snowflakes that no one can really notice, but sometimes flakes of skin that are as big as a coin (boak). I have tried most anti dandruff shampoos but it's still there. What do the wise people of mumsnet recommend?

Loftyjen Fri 05-Dec-14 15:07:34

Marking spot as have similar issues (�� you are not aloonnee, I am there with youuuu!! )��

Loftyjen Fri 05-Dec-14 15:08:32

(In my little preview there were musical notes, not blank boxes!)

MsFanackerPants Fri 05-Dec-14 17:57:35

I use a ketoconazole shampoo. I have eczema on my scalp and it clears it up. I recommended it to my mum who has always had dandruff and tried everything going and it cleared it up too
Dandruff can be caused by a yeast overgrowth which the ketaconazole clears up.

Holdthepage Fri 05-Dec-14 17:58:34

Selsun.

emmelinelucas Fri 05-Dec-14 18:19:26

I remember hearing somewhere (it might have been on QI !) that the cure for dandruff is to rub Listerine onto the scalp, then wash off. Apparently, that is what it was originally intended for.

BareFacedKitty Fri 05-Dec-14 19:27:16

Having tried loads, capasal shampoo is what works for me. Get it on prescription or OTC

zinnia Sat 06-Dec-14 15:54:29

I've had a flaky scalp problem since my teens - have tried countless shampoos over the years, medicated don't work for me any more, currently the only thing keeping it under control is Bioderma Nodé K "Keratoreducing shampoo". Bioderma don't sell their haircare range over here yet but I get mine on eBay (or in France). Not massively cheap but after initial course you only have to use it once a week or so, so lasts for ages.

feelingunsupported Sat 06-Dec-14 15:57:36

I've tried everything - l'oreal is the only thing that works for me. It's labelled 'for men' now - black bottle with an orange lid.

FlappertyFlippers Sat 06-Dec-14 23:15:41

Thanks for all the replies, I will get shopping and try them all out (although I now only wash my hair once a week so the experiment may take a few months)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now