Talk

Advanced search

Make me beautiful again

(7 Posts)
Pamelaaa Fri 05-Dec-14 14:29:56

I am the wrong side of forty, tired, worn down and feeling about 90.

What can I do to revitalise myself and make myself feel beautiful??

I have recently had my hair cut and coloured so don't need to do that. I am going shopping tomorrow so any suggestions of any clothes would be good. I am a size 8/10 and 5'4".

Help me feel good again!

gymboywalton Fri 05-Dec-14 14:30:51

god you are so gorgeously petite i bet you look fab in everything!

what about some nice new make up? that always helps i think?

MinnieM1 Fri 05-Dec-14 14:31:13

Bit of fake tan and painting my nails always makes me feel good, oh and get your eyebrows done! Makes a huge difference smile

Blanketontheground Fri 05-Dec-14 14:31:48

A mac make up lesson helped me.

Ivedunnit Fri 05-Dec-14 14:33:53

I like bobbi brown make up or bare minerals. omthing that enhances what is there without making you look too different. Also a big fan of a little lick of fake tan.
Clothes wise, the world is your oyster. What about booking a personal shopper ?

Pamelaaa Fri 05-Dec-14 16:16:03

Personal shopper is a good idea for the new year but I won't have chance to do that this weekend.

I will look at new makeup, nails and some fake tan though!!

Brookville Fri 05-Dec-14 19:51:15

Two things make me feel fabulous: getting my make up done at MAC (£25 gets your face transformed and you can then redeem said amount against products). Even an eyeshadow or two will make you feel different.
Secondly, I once went to a dept. store for a personal shopping experience, something I'd definitely do again. I was looking for a wedding guest outfit and everything she picked was good but I'd never have thought of them myself. So it refreshed me massively!

How about new shoes?

Not suggesting you need help in any other way but this book I found to be fantastically motivating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now