Talk

Advanced search

Fabulous foldable ballet shoes - life savers for Christmas parties!

(9 Posts)
Petal02 Fri 05-Dec-14 09:53:48

I've never been very confident in heels, and I'm not getting any better as I get older - I just lack the balance and poise required to do them justice. However obviously there are certain occasions when heels are mandatory: we're going to a posh do next weekend, and there's a short walk between our hotel and the venue, involving cobbles ...... So I'll be tackling the journey in these:

butterflytwists.com/ballerinas/christmas-party.html

And then when we arrive, I can rock my wonderful new Dune heels ......

I also discovered these: www.rollasole.com - but they're lighter weight and probably more suited to summer. And the soles are quite flimsy.

Strangely enough, I find I cope better with heels when I know I've got a pair of 'emergency' flats in my bag (clearly a psychological issues here) but discovering folding shoes has been amazing, I now have the best of both worlds. Just wanted to share that!

BeHoHoHove Fri 05-Dec-14 09:56:29

Good idea. We are going to a party in someone's house and they look perfect for changing into

Thanks for the tip

TheGirlOnTheLanding Fri 05-Dec-14 10:00:45

There are no occasions where heels are mandatory surely? I don't possess a pair of high heeled shoes, haven't since about 1987.

Petal02 Fri 05-Dec-14 10:10:04

There are some occasions where I feel it is mandatory for ME to wear heels - - if I'm wearing a cocktail dress, then I need heels!

specialsubject Fri 05-Dec-14 15:05:01

is it just me, or is buying shoes that you can't walk 10 metres in just a teensy bit daft?

mowglik Fri 05-Dec-14 17:10:27

It's daft but it looks so good..I've made DH take pics of me in heels before changing into something more sensible!

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 05-Dec-14 17:14:27

I have vivobarefoot ballet flats. I lived in them over summer and autumn until I absolutely have to change into winter shoes. The Jingjing ones fold up nicely.

MyMeMy Fri 05-Dec-14 20:56:08

Does anyone know what the sizing is like on the butterfly twists? I'm s slightly wide 5 in most shoes, but ballet shoes always seem to come up small hmm

Petal02 Sun 07-Dec-14 17:23:45

I've found Butterfly Twist sizing to be quite accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now