Talk

Advanced search

I need to buy something lovely for my sister. Which of these should I get?

(18 Posts)
JuneFromBethesda Thu 04-Dec-14 21:19:24

I've already bought her 'Pretty Honest' by Sali Hughes (Guardian beauty columnist)

I have a further £30 to spend. Should I buy this scarf which I can personalise with a little message on a tag - there's a special shorthand personal to the two of us that I could put on it)

Or some Orla Kiely cosmetic bags

Or an Orla Kiely vanity case

Or washbag?

I think she'd like any of them but I can't think of a really special present to get her, it gets harder every year confused so I'm doubting my judgement - are these nice presents or should I keep looking?

ouryve Thu 04-Dec-14 21:25:41

I think the scarf is lovely. I can take or leave the Orla Kiely stuff. Yes, the designs are striking, but they're a bit too ubiquitous.

Trills Thu 04-Dec-14 21:26:32

I like the scarf.

noitall Thu 04-Dec-14 21:30:49

I vote for the scarf too.

IvyMay Thu 04-Dec-14 21:31:39

The scarf is lovely!

Redtartanshoes Thu 04-Dec-14 21:32:28

Scarf for me too

glentherednosedbattleostrich Thu 04-Dec-14 21:34:25

Definitely the scarf

LoveVintage Thu 04-Dec-14 21:35:43

The scarf is lovely.

JuneFromBethesda Thu 04-Dec-14 21:35:47

Hooray! Thanks so much ladies, a unanimous vote for the scarf is enough to convince me (hoping the next 20 votes don't say 'god, not that awful scarf' grin )

NotTodaySatan Thu 04-Dec-14 21:37:39

The scarf!

I can't stand Orla Kiely stuff.

LondonRocks Thu 04-Dec-14 21:43:59

Scarf! Lovely.

Gem124 Thu 04-Dec-14 22:02:23

We've actually just bought the Lily Belle scarf but the spots not stars for my MIL it arrived today and is beautiful. We didn't pay for a gift box but it's come perfectly wrapped in tissue paper xx

JuneFromBethesda Thu 04-Dec-14 22:09:34

Thanks Gem, that's very nice to hear smile

WildBillfemale Fri 05-Dec-14 07:02:06

Scarf!

I personally loathe Orla Kiely stuff so if you go that route make sure she likes it.

I don't what it is with Orla Kiely (and Kath Kidston) stuff, people either seem to love it or hate it.

Rhymerocket Fri 05-Dec-14 09:11:48

I'm gonna go against the tide here. I hate the scarf. They have similar in Primark for £4.

As for the Orla Kiely stuff, ILOVE IT! Please can I have the green one????? If ur sis likes the Orla Kiely stuff get her that. She willlove it.

JuneFromBethesda Fri 05-Dec-14 11:25:23

I didn't realise Orla Kiely was such a marmite thing! Personally I really like her prints but I've ordered the scarf so the job is done.

OneLeggedCrabGoingInCircles Fri 05-Dec-14 11:44:19

Scarf although M&S have a lovely selection of scarves this year, I just treated myself to one after going out on a girls night last week and we all commented on our friends gorgeous new scarf from M&S and decided it would make a fabulous Christmas present. I bought a different design for myself and I love it.

OneLeggedCrabGoingInCircles Fri 05-Dec-14 11:45:46

I love the personalised scarf you have chosen, she will love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now