Talk

Advanced search

Long and floaty skirt...shoes to wear?

(10 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Thu 04-Dec-14 18:43:01

Im usually pretty good at dressing myself but....i am kind of stumped with this. Got a lovely silky long skirt - its quite full - not usually my thing but it looks really nice with a gorgeous sparkly jumper that i bought. I just cant decide what to wear on my feet!! I thought about some nice sparkly ballerinas but...i dont want it to look frumpy!

This is the outfit:

www.whitestuff.com/womens/knitwear/sparkler-jumper/

What do you think? Its to wear on Christmas day and even New Year.

dexter73 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:53:05

I think you would need heels with a maxi skirt. I would go for some suede shoe boots.

Twinklestein Thu 04-Dec-14 18:59:37

I'd go for a 30s vibe:

heels

Dark red shoes would look nice with grey.

dexter73 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:01:54

Those are nice shoes.

Twinklestein Thu 04-Dec-14 19:07:07

These are a bargain in dark red.

Greengardenpixie Thu 04-Dec-14 19:15:11

They are gorgeous!..sadly not in my size. Love the idea of a suede shoe in dark red. Gives the skirt an edge. I have got a good idea of what to get. Will look at the other pair you suggested. Pity about the other cheaper ones. They would have done the job.
Also like the idea of suede ankle boots. I do have some but they are not in the right colour. I have plenty of black boots though! not in suede unfortunately!
Thanks!

Grey boots Love these.

More

Greengardenpixie Thu 04-Dec-14 21:23:28

They are both lovely but i have not long bought boots so really cant justify that price! Thanks though. Just a bit too pricey.

mowglik Thu 04-Dec-14 21:33:30

I still wear my summer chiffon maxi skirts but with leggings underneath(!) and with a biker jacket, jumper and ankle boots otherwise I look really frumpy.. Kind of like these but without the weird pose lol

Greengardenpixie Thu 04-Dec-14 21:41:32

Yes, think i am just going to wear the boots i have. I also have a few mary jane shoes i could try. Thanks for those pictures and for everyones ideas! Sometimes you just get a bit stuck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now