Talk

Advanced search

Going out in an hour - please help with skinny jeans and ankle boots!

(9 Posts)
littlecupcake Thu 04-Dec-14 18:24:20

I've got a gorgeous pair of suede ankle boots and would like to wear them out for a meal tonight. But I'm not sure whether the look I've got is a good one or if they look like I've tried and failed miserably to be trendy, so I thought I'd ask you lovely ladies how to pull off the 'I look glam but haven't really tried" look.

The boots come just a little bit higher than my ankles and have a stiletto heel. They don't fit snugly around my ankle so I'm not able to tuck them inside my jeans. The jeans finish about the same point as the top of the boot, so there's no gap, but it doesn't look like they're tucked inside the boots IYSWIM. Is this how people wear them or should I dig my bootcuts out and look frumpy??? Any tips would be grateful received!

Thanks ladies flowers

ReallyBadParty Thu 04-Dec-14 18:26:54

I think you should go with it. Choose your socks carefully grin

Fab boots deserve more than bootcuts.

CheersMedea Thu 04-Dec-14 18:27:05

That sounds fine to me.

MoreCrackThanHarlem Thu 04-Dec-14 18:32:30

I turn up the bottoms of my skinnies twice so there is ankle visible between boot and jeans. Make sure your socks don't show if you do this though.
Like this...

Petal02 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:33:32

OP, this sounds fine. Make sure your socks aren't visible, and have a great evening!

littlecupcake Thu 04-Dec-14 18:35:22

Thank you! I didn't think of rolling them up! I'll give that a go and see what looks best. I know they'll be under the table most of the night, but I don't want to have to run in and out of the restaurant cos it's been so long since I've warn heels that I'd fall over and make a complete t*t of myself

littlecupcake Thu 04-Dec-14 18:35:56

Worn not warn!

Petal02 Thu 04-Dec-14 18:36:08

Apologies, I cross posted with Morecrack. The picture looks fab, and the OP's original suggestion is fine too. So it's whichever one you feel most comfortable with.

littlecupcake Thu 04-Dec-14 19:09:41

Tried turning up the jeans, looked ok till I realised my legs haven't seen a razor for a few weeks Found a longer pair of skinnies in my wardrobe so they tuck in nicely and I can wear thick socks underneath to keep my feet warm! Thanks everyone. Love this board x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now