Talk

Advanced search

talk to me about Cleo bras

(18 Posts)
yazzy85 Thu 04-Dec-14 16:02:49

I really like the fit of the Cleo Lily bra, it's my best fitting bra ever. I have tried Bella and its also good but have had no luck with the other popular one Marcie. Share with me which Cleo bra styles are also good to invest in please

SorrelForbes Thu 04-Dec-14 17:20:32

The Meg is the same cut as the Lily. Melissa is the same as Bella. Bonnie is also very similar. I wear all these and Marcie too and they all fit me in a very similar way. The Marcie does come up a bit bigger in the cup.

yazzy85 Thu 04-Dec-14 17:32:15

Thanks Sorrel. I was eyeing up the Marcie in raspberry on Amazon, should I order the same size as Lily/Bella or go down a cup size?

SorrelForbes Thu 04-Dec-14 18:13:16

I have the same size in all my Cleos (30GG) but the Marcies are definitely a little bit roomier in the cup. I have a rather firm, heavier on top shape so I do notice a little bit of cutting in on my bigger boob with the Melissa and Bella. If the Lily is at all loose on the top of the cup then I'd order a size down in the Marcie, if it's tight then order the same size. Tricky stuff!

yazzy85 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:40:45

Thanks Sorrel that's really helpful!! I will order the same and try it out or size down like you said.

SorrelForbes Thu 04-Dec-14 19:57:30

Oops, ignore where I wrote Bonnie above. I meant Minnie!

yazzy85 Thu 04-Dec-14 21:34:23

Thanks. Is the shape of minnie round like the lily and marcie too?

Yup Minnie, Millie, Lily, Zia, Meg, Melissa and a few others are all basically the same. Some people take a size smaller in Marcie, or it could just be that it's a little too open at the top for you as the shape is different.

yazzy85 Tue 09-Dec-14 10:27:09

My marcie bras arrived today and just wanted to say thanks for recommending this one, it fits even better than my favourite lily and bella bras. I did have to size down from a 30f to 30e because the upper lace section was too roomy but love the fit smile

yazzy85 Thu 11-Dec-14 15:58:42

After wearing my marcie in 30e I've noticed that my lily & minnie in 30f have gaping at the top of the cups. I have tried minnie in a size down but the wires then cut into my breast tissue. Should I try the lily in a size down or will it also cut in? or do I need to look at a different shape?

marriednotdead Fri 12-Dec-14 05:52:19

Don't size down in the Lily. It's narrower at the top of the cup so it is more likely to cut in, likewise the others such as Minnie.

A good compromise may be the Panache Jasmine and Idina as they have stretch lace at the top but a very similar shape. (Panache makes Cleo so uses similar patterns.) You'd definitely need to try both sizes with the Jasmine but stick with F for the Idina, which is slightly rounder.

yazzy85 Fri 12-Dec-14 09:55:17

Thanks marrie for the advicesmile I am going to order the jasmine and idina to try out from amazon.

If you like marcie another worth trying is panache floris, the cut is similar although you might get want a cup up from marcie

yazzy85 Fri 12-Dec-14 16:11:46

I've ordered the Jasmine in 30e, Idina 30f, and Floris 30f. Fingers crossed that one of these are the perfect bra. Thankfully Amazon has a great returns policy if not grin

yazzy85 Sat 13-Dec-14 22:22:15

Just wanted to update that I'm loving the Panache Idina!! Top lace section actually touches the breast and lays flat which I was having trouble with. Jasmine was good too but not as round and floris the upper section was too big.

SorrelForbes Sun 14-Dec-14 08:58:19

My Curves and Me had a pink Idina for sale.

yazzy85 Sun 14-Dec-14 09:39:01

oooo thanks Sorrell off to track it down. The Amazon one I ordered was black so will be good to have another. I am suprised it gives such a good shape for a full cut bra, would never have thought to look at it until you ladies suggested it to me.

yazzy85 Sun 14-Dec-14 18:38:56

are there any other bras apart from Idina and Jasmine that are good for breats that are less full at the top? The stretchy elastic on these models is the best I've seen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now