Talk

Advanced search

Sleek lipsticks - any good?

(9 Posts)
Lottapianos Thu 04-Dec-14 13:54:17

I've heard Sali Hughes raving about Sleek make up and I have my eye on one of their lipsticks (Fuchsia). Its only �4.99 but I'm trying to make sensible purchases these days instead of taking a gamble so -would you recommend their lippies? How well does the colour last? Are they drying at all?

Thanks

BoftheP Thu 04-Dec-14 15:58:41

Sleek are good at doing make up for darker skins, lots of pigment, good range of shades suitable. I have a plum lippy and a blusher. Good value for money, I would recommend but Im not really "into" make up and rarely wear any nowadays.

NotTodaySatan Thu 04-Dec-14 15:59:24

Yes their lipsticks are fantastic. I have loads.

Their blushes are brilliant too.

Carks31 Thu 04-Dec-14 16:11:34

I've got a red one. It's a fantastic matt, pillar box red colour. Not drying at all and I'm very sensitive to getting chapped lips. I find the lasting power fairly good for such a strong colour but it does transfer. I have found that the old school method of a foundation base and gradually building up the colour with a lip brush and a tissue blot between coats helps improve this.

Lottapianos Fri 05-Dec-14 09:39:25

Thanks all, glad its good news. Off to Superdrug this weekend then!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 05-Dec-14 10:03:04

I haven't bought a lipstick 'bullet' but I've got two of the palettes (one red shades, one nude)
They are a more a gloss texture than a solid lipstick but very nice, moisturising and lasting.
I always find reds are dry, these are lovely grin

(The packaging is plain, looks more expensive than it is but a blighter to open. I have to put a coin into the fastening and twist)

Lottapianos Fri 05-Dec-14 10:15:47

Thanks 70, but cannot be fagged with a palette, especialy with the faff of opening it smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 05-Dec-14 10:26:36

But you get four colours in each (so I can mix up my perfect shade) and I suppose (half glass full thinking) that if it's a secure fastening, it won't end up open in my bag.

(I've got two of the eye palettes too, very nice.
Blusher in rose Gold is a bit too sparkly but a nice shade so I buff it a bit.
Mascara, ok, but not as good as Benefit They're Real.

I have the pout polish in a nude/peach shade. Which is like an individual version of the palette.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now