Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hermes parcels - do not use!

(19 Posts)
Emo76 Thu 04-Dec-14 09:58:45

Just to warn - I am using Hermes courier to return an item. It is 9 days since pick up. The parcel has made it no further than my local depot. They tell me "Due to unforeseen circumstances all myHermes parcels will be delayed." The only help is via webchat who are basically unable to do or say anything.

alicetheawesome Thu 04-Dec-14 10:32:57

I sold a externat disk drive on ebay and sent it with them packaged in about 10 layers of bubble wrap and a box they still managed to smash it I refunded buyer straight away but it took 6 weeks to get a refund from Hermes even with full photos the buyer sent and all evidence! useless.

bryonyelf Thu 04-Dec-14 10:33:25

Never had a problem with them. One stuck parcel doesn't put me off them. They are hardly yodel! The number of parcels in the network of couriers will be millions. Have you phoned them?

TheFairyCaravan Thu 04-Dec-14 10:37:21

Never had a problem with them and will continue to use them.

iPostParcels are fecking awful on the other hand. I wouldn't touch them with a shitty stick.

JackSkellington Thu 04-Dec-14 11:14:01

All couriers are experiencing pretty severe delays at the moment - combination of a huge increase in online orders to most retailers due to Black Friday and it not being long until Christmas.

msfreud Thu 04-Dec-14 12:20:53

Hermes was on Watchdog on BBC last week, a whole thing about lost parcels, delays etc.

Emo76 Thu 04-Dec-14 12:53:47

Just to add, they have now emailed to say my parcel is lost, with a link (which doesn't work) to a claims firm. Directly contradicting what the online help chat told me.

It's the contradictory information which is most irritating.

bryoneelf I can find no phone number for them anywhere, if there's one you could share would much appreciate. thank you.

Cranagh Thu 04-Dec-14 13:08:01

Emo contact number here

mowglik Thu 04-Dec-14 13:48:24

i had similar with hermes years ago, they're rubbish (in my experience). Also yodel is pretty rubbish at delivering when they say they will. I stick to royal mail even though its more expensive

LeoandBoosmum Thu 04-Dec-14 17:54:46

They were on Watchdog last week - some scandalous tales!

Littlepumpkinpie Thu 04-Dec-14 18:02:20

My Hermes driver is brillaint never had a single problem with them. Delivers promptly and collects on time. Very friendly bloke never a problem. City link well not a good word to say about them

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 04-Dec-14 18:41:50

My Hermes driver is great, definitely our best local courier.

cardoon Thu 04-Dec-14 18:56:34

I had a problem with collectplus (missing parcel) and the only way I could get help was through their twitter account......confused

divingoffthebalcony Thu 04-Dec-14 19:07:45

I think I heard today there was a fire at a warehouse somewhere? Hence the "unforeseen circumstances".

divingoffthebalcony Thu 04-Dec-14 19:09:42

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/news/latest-news/service-message

Marylou2 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:56:02

Huge thumbs up to Deb my Hermes driver.Not only is she super efficient but a lovely lady too! I appreciate it must differ from area to area but we must be lucky.

SofaCanary Thu 04-Dec-14 20:11:20

Mine are lovely too - Karen and Robert, I order far too much stuff and have got to know them a bit too well!

TheReluctantCountess Thu 04-Dec-14 20:13:41

Their website has information on it about a fire at a depot. That's holding some things up.

EldonAve Thu 04-Dec-14 20:29:59

Try
0843 507 7992
0843 515 8172

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now