Talk

Advanced search

Hard red spots around jaw and throat (lovely)

(8 Posts)
CambridgeBlue Wed 03-Dec-14 21:56:42

I seem to be getting more and more of these - they aren't squeezable sad just hard and red and not shifting. I cleanse and moisturise thoroughly twice a day, use an Origins mask a couple times a week and cover the little devils in spot cream each night.

I've recently started a new job and am now wearing make up every day, could that be anything to do with it? My diet's changed a bit as well - more carby as I'm eating at work. I know spots in this area can often be hormonal but they're more than once a month at the moment.

Any ideas how to get rid of them and prevent any more appearing? I feel like a bloody teenager, wrinkles and bags are enough, don't need this as well sad

RonaldMcDonald Thu 04-Dec-14 00:04:39

is it sebaceous hyperplaysia?

TrousersSchmowsers Thu 04-Dec-14 00:07:23

Ask your GP about peri-oral dermatitis

Carpaccio Thu 04-Dec-14 00:35:51

What kind of makeup are you using?

I have had spots like that because I reacted to bismuth oxychloride - it's an ingredient in powders and mineral makeup that gives a pearl effect. I get itchy the moment I wear products with that in.

CambridgeBlue Thu 04-Dec-14 07:05:56

Not sure, I'll Google those 2.

I'm using a No 7 foundation and various other things, used them all before but haven't worn makeup every day for years.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 04-Dec-14 17:49:50

check what face wash you're using I used Superdrug Vit E and it broke me out especially on jaw. apparently its the chemicals in it.

starfish1505 Thu 04-Dec-14 19:46:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

CambridgeBlue Thu 04-Dec-14 21:38:14

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. My face wash is a Superdrug one actually but the radiance range rather than Vitamin E.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now