Talk

Advanced search

I look fat and lumpen , please help me find a dress

(11 Posts)
MrsHowardRoark Wed 03-Dec-14 16:30:19

I have a Christmas wedding to attend and the draw code is black tie. I had DD2 9 months ago and I feel huge and lumpy sad.

I am a 16/18 with 36 FF boobs (still breast feeding) and my bottom half is a size bigger than my top. My thighs are huge and I have cankles. My arms are wobbly. My waist is at least visable. I genuinely can't see anything positive at all when I look in the mirror.

I desperately want to look ok, just not hideous would do tbh. Budget needs as little as possible but could stretch to £100. You guys are really good at this stuff so please help if you can.

MrsHowardRoark Wed 03-Dec-14 16:30:43

*dress

plantsitter Wed 03-Dec-14 16:50:02

Try Anna Scholz. Her sale stuff is brilliant and makes me feel great - I'm much fatter than you! www.annascholz.com/sale-1/georgette-party-sequin-dress-1.html

reallifegetsintheway Wed 03-Dec-14 16:54:50

I recommend some control type underwear - it helps. Sainsbos do some cheap 'pear' knickers- they do give a smoother shape.
I put this on the Autumn colour thread - don't know your colouring is but what about this- red dress, with sleeves?
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Phase+Eight+Maisie+wrap+dress/198315092,default,pd.html

MrsHowardRoark Wed 03-Dec-14 17:00:29

My colouring is, perhaps, my only saving grace as I'm very pale with dark hair and green eyes. I suit jewel colours so that works at this time of year.

<grasps straws>

reallifegetsintheway Wed 03-Dec-14 17:12:37

Bit too 'worky' but could hide a multitude of sins...
www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/dresses/beverly-blouson-dress/202805351

Bit shiny?
www.phase-eight.com/fcp/product/phase-eight/dresses/sherry-wrap-dress/202685838

reallifegetsintheway Wed 03-Dec-14 17:14:22

Maybe ask for help on 'Hoc Winter' thread?
They might be good at helping with the correct colour at least.

FlossyMoo Wed 03-Dec-14 17:37:37

Berry

Blue

You could by a shrug.cover up to cover your arms.

FauxFox Wed 03-Dec-14 19:08:12

gorgeous grace circle wrap from viv of holloway

MrsHowardRoark Wed 03-Dec-14 20:35:51

I love that site Fox, amazing dresses.

I like the gold detail on the Anna Scholtz dress plant sitter but I think I need a bit more shape.

I quite like the shiny one life but it might highlight my baby belly.

Love the colours on those dresses Flossy. I've tried on similar looking gowns and I looked very frumpy.

ReallyBadParty Wed 03-Dec-14 21:08:15

ASOS Curve has lots and lots of nice dresses.

What about this?

Though don't know if you like a maxi dress?

Or this skater?

Lots of choice over there, worth a look smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now