Talk

Advanced search

Watches

(13 Posts)
okeydonkey Tue 02-Dec-14 22:52:50

Does anyone have any good watch brands to recommend? Up to £100. TIA

margaritasbythesea Tue 02-Dec-14 23:17:27

I like Skagen. What sort of thing are you after?

okeydonkey Tue 02-Dec-14 23:57:37

I'm not sure, sorry very vague. I quite like sparkly but then again maybe a plain brown strap with bright face.
I like big watches. I suppose funky. For ladies but not feminine as such.

okeydonkey Tue 02-Dec-14 23:59:07

Oh I like Skagen thanks for that suggestion

cardamomginger Wed 03-Dec-14 00:23:10

Definitely Skagen!

BringMeTea Wed 03-Dec-14 00:26:35

Christopher Ward. Women's are 50% off at the moment. Men's would be over your budget though.

BringMeTea Wed 03-Dec-14 00:32:27

Ooo Skagen are nice aren't they? I do like that Christopher Ward are British (though the mechanism Swiss-made).

cressetmama Wed 03-Dec-14 09:58:47

Blessings on MNetters! I have coveted the CW Emily double tour tan strap watch for ages, and bought it in nude half price two months ago. Today you've enabled me to get the proper leather watch strap I really wanted, just not at full price. Happy to have it regardless, as I expect it will vanish entirely soon. The watch itself is a brilliant 'homage' to the Hermes Cape Cod style, at one-twentieth of the price!

ElleDubloo Wed 03-Dec-14 10:07:35

Christopher Ward watches are great quality and usually very expensive - OH just bought me the one called "Emily Diamond" for Christmas. It's in the sale. There are a few under £100.

I also love this one from Fossil.

SuperFlyHigh Wed 03-Dec-14 14:14:11

Can anyone tell me what Skagen quality is like?

Got a DKNY fine metal strap one (like Skagen) but it went funny at the side and jeweller can't file it down...

My cheapo River Island one the link to hold strap broke. Is lovely otherwise faux leopard face and diamante.

cardamomginger Wed 03-Dec-14 17:32:58

Skagen is good quality, IMHO. I've had 3 watches from them now - one steel mesh strap, one leather strap and one link strap. Very happy with all of them.

RoRoRosie Wed 03-Dec-14 19:24:52

Boccia.
Brilliant quality - I have had mine for over 15 years and it has never broken.

okeydonkey Wed 03-Dec-14 19:30:58

I'm really liking Boccia and Christopher ward Victoria deco with leather strap.

Thanks guys. Totally decided I don't want links

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now