Talk

Advanced search

How to get more volume into fine hair - yes, that old chestnut

(6 Posts)
ChrissCrossCrunch Tue 02-Dec-14 21:13:34

Have recently had my hair cut into a sort of layered shoulder length bob. I want it to be messy and full looking, but its just straight and flat.

What can I do? Tell me about magic products.

AtlanticDrift Tue 02-Dec-14 21:19:00

I love this oomph powder. It gives texture at roots and lasts until you wash it out

Littlehomebird Wed 03-Dec-14 13:12:32

Your hair sounds like mine, I had some layers cut in around the bottom but it hasn't helped with volume & texture. Now it just looks like I'm growing my layers out. I preferred it all the same length at least it looked thicker then. Sorry if there's a magic potion I've not found it.

elQuintoConyo Wed 03-Dec-14 13:22:30

I blow dry jt with my head upside down.

That's it.

My hair is thin and flyaway, so any products I put on it just dull my hair and drag it down. Even hairdressers with all their expensive rip off bollocks fancy serum etc can't get volume into it.

Once I've dried it, I put the bairdryer on cold and give it a sakey-dry (technical term wink ) .

Hope that helps.

nothingwittyhere Wed 03-Dec-14 13:39:15

As a non-blowdrier, I've found combing my hair with my head upside down while in the shower (IYSWIM) makes my hair a bit messier and fuller looking. Same principle as blowdrying it upside down I think.

missmartha Wed 03-Dec-14 13:54:23

Toni&Guy do shampoo and conditioner for fine hair. It's light and doesn't weigh hair down at all. I add T&G plumping mousse when it's wet and blow it dry when damp. Just lifting it with a brush gives it more volume.

For messy, try targeting an area of your hair in your mind, while standing in front of a mirror, spraying hair spray onto the palm of a hand and quickly grabbing the hair you want to look 'messy',.

Continue until you get the look you want.

The hair spray does wash of, really it does.

Highlights are good for adding a textured look too. Fine hair often lacks texture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now